Premed 101 Forums

UBC Med Application References

Guest Tommy1978

Guest Tommy1978

Hi All

I apologize if someone has addressed this already but I am having a hard time finding out about UBC's reference letter situation. How do they do it? Only ask for reference letters later if we are granted an interview? Do we applicants just not do anything about it until they notify us or is there a form we can download now? Any info is much appreciated or if someone had a link they could send me that would be good too. Thanks

T

Guest dr nomis

UBC's process seems to confuse a lot of people, so don't worry, you're not alone...

If you are offered an interview, then you will be asked to log in once again to your online application, where you will complete the Supplemental Application Form. Among other things, you will provide the name, title, company, and contact info of 3 referees. You will be provided (via e-mail) with a link to download 3 separate reference forms in Adobe .PDF format, print them out, and give them to your referees. The referees will fill these out, attach a personalized letter on their stationery (this is "recommended" but not required; however, a reference form without a letter is not a good thing to have in your file, so make sure you ask your referees to write their own letter). The referees submit the completed form and letter directly to UBC Med Admissions.

The link to download the forms is not available now.

UBC Med Admissions website links:

What happens after the application is submitted?

www.med.ubc.ca/education/..._Cycle.htm

What is the Supplemental Application Form?

www.med.ubc.ca/education/...n_Form.htm

And the ever helpful UBC Med FAQ page:

www.med.ubc.ca/education/...icants.htm

Archived