Premed 101 Forums

Registration package

Guest shetland23

Guest RedPotato

In the message section, does it say that the "Response to Offer" form is received as well? Because mine doesn't; this is what mine looks like....

May19/06 - sb

To confirm, we have received the ff:-

CPSBC-Medical student application for registration

Two signed and completed criminal check forms

Credit card payment

BTW, I handed in my forms last Friday and I haven't gotten my registration package yet.

RP

Edit: Just to clarify :) I didn't hand in any transcripts with my forms because I wasn't in school this year!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hiredhelp

23 May 2006 - To confirm, we have received the following. Thank you. xx (for privacy)

Signed Response to Offer form

CPSBC Medical Student Application for Registration

Credit Card Payment Information/Money Order

Two sets of signed and completed Records Review Forms (assuming this is the Criminal record check)

Thats all I have, but I don't want to pester them if other ppl don't have the transcripts showing on theirs either.

Guest shetland23

hey red,

You should email admin about the response to offer confirmation.

Cheers

ps I have yet to receive my "official" letter or regustration package.

From the Admin office...

We will be updating the online application system once we have received your acceptance deposit and other required documentation. An official letter will be sent to you confirming your acceptance.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Admissions.

Guest tigerlily

Mine doesn't say anything about my transcript either. I mailed my stuff in last Monday and still haven't received anything, but then I'm on the island so it might take an extra month or so... :\

Guest Persistent

Red Potato:

Yes, it should have the response to offer form under received as well. Has your application status changed to "OFFER ACCEPTED" ? If so, that is a good sign that they just made an error in putting your response to offer form onto your messages as received. You should call them anyways and let them know.

Regards,

Persistent

Guest Persistent

What's in those damn registration packages that we are so eagerly waiting for? (Other than the official acceptance letter that will allow us to get our LOC!) Do we need to register for courses or anything? I assume that is not necessary as we all take the same courses.

Guest medsmurf

Hey all,

Do we need an official acceptance letter from the school in order to get an LOC or is the letter that was sent as part of the acceptance email good enough? Has anyone tried to get an LOC yet with the letter from the email?

Guest dr nomis

Not sure if this means they're getting busier...

my courier tracking number told me that UBC received my acceptance yesterday morning; however it took until this afternoon before my status was updated online.

Do they send out the registration packages all at once, or as acceptances are received?

Guest shetland23

The official letter should be sent out once they received everything.

I think the registration package, which contains health declaration (immunization, Hep B check, etc) and info on how to "survive" ubc med school, will come in June or July.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Guest hiredhelp

Got this update on my status today:

26 May 2006 - Two offcial transcripts received from UBC. Thank you. XX.

Just a heads up for those that didn't see it on their messages yet. I dropped my forms and transcripts off on May 23, but they only updated the transcripts today.

Guest shetland23

I received a letter today, not sure if its the official letter of acceptance,

It was dated May 30th, and it says thank you for accepting our offer and for the deposit. And that they will be sending registration package in July.

What do you guys think? is this the official letter?

I think we need something to apply to BCSAP loan.

Guest GundamDX

sounds like the official letter to me :\ coz they are validating that you've accepted the offer and they've taken your money :P

Guest shetland23

Hey P.

Do you know if we have to pay the 100 dollars deposit to register? I thought we already paid the 300 dollars? I am confused?

Guest hiredhelp

Your first day to register in the M.D. program at UBC Vancouver is 05 Jul 2006. (Note: Winter registration open dates are subject to change as faculties review the academic progress for continuing students and new grade information arrives for new students. Summer registration dates are not affected by this process.)

Guest Persistent

Hey shetland,

I never knew we had to register for the courses. I assumed it would be done for us. But, if we do have to register for courses through the SSC I suspect we do have to pay the registration deposit. Yes, that sucks! As for the $300, I hope that goes toward our tuition??? Or are they just taking our money?!

Persistent.

Guest Persistent

Aww, how nice of them... they give us our own money to spend:b

but hey, it's better than it disappearing into thin air!! :)

Guest sudoku

thavicguy... u know something that i dont'?? :rollin

i think that 300$ is only given to those who fail exams [as consolation.!!]. ppl who pass get to spend another 14G.

damn these HDI bugs. May they never live to see the days... i swear, i will give them nothing but antimicrobials!!!!!!>: :evil

sudoku

Guest shetland23

Hey P

I hope they would do it for us. It looks kinda confusing to register our own courses, plus the lecture theater looks like it will hold 200+ students anyways.

Jx

Archived