Premed 101 Forums

mcat

Guest hemu

hey!

can anybody tell me what role mcats play in the post interview selection.

I am an OPP student from Manitoba and i got an interview. i wanted to know if they have taken mcat into consideration and if they haven't then when will they and how????

hemu

They must use it for something though?? anyone else have any thoughts on this???

my mcat marks are not the greatest... so i am worried!!! if its a flag well then that would be amazing....!!!!

Guest TheEleventhFinger

i've been to an info session before. they said, mcat's mostly used as a tie-breaker. they also use mcat scores to get a more complete picture of the applicant. ie, if u did badly in one english course, but had a 12 for verbal and a very good writing score, then they'd know that particular english course wasn't a real accurate indicator of ur abilities.

Guest brando96822

IT is a large factor in post interview selection. Last year I didn't get in because of it...they review your entire file after interview and pick at it with a fine toothed comb...pre-interview they just look to see that MCAT has been done...you should have above 10 on everything if you're out of province..Good luck

Archived