Premed 101 Forums

AQ/NAQ score

Guest nuck123

Guest nuck123

Hello

I was just wondering if anyone knows what the breakdown is for the AQ and NAQ score out of 25 for UBC? How do they determine how many points you get?

Its out of 50.

25 points total for NAQ, made up from 5 different scores each out of 5: leadership, high performance, diversity, service ethic, and ... (?) based on your EC list and your autobiography essay.

And 25 points for AQ, made up from 12.5 points for your last 60 credits GPA and 12.5 points for your overall GPA. Not sure how they determine your score out of 12.5, but I believe having 85% means a perfect 12.5.

Hope that helps.

supa

And 25 points for AQ, made up from 12.5 points for your last 60 credits GPA and 12.5 points for your overall GPA. Not sure how they determine your score out of 12.5, but I believe having 85% means a perfect 12.5.

When I got my feedback a couple of years ago, it was 15 for overall and 10 for last 60. 85% did mean perfect, but the breakdown of marks below that is a mystery (ie what does 80% give you?).

Guest canuck1

The fifth category is diversity...

Making each of the following worth 5 points each:

Leadership

Service Ethic

Work With Others

Diversity

High Performance

I was also told that last 60 are worth slightly less than overall, since the same classes are already included in the overall. Weighing them equallly would be over emphazing the last 60.

MCAT scores are looked at during the final review after interviews, and are not looked at as part of your initial pre-interview academic score.

Hello

I am wondering for those that have masters degrees conferred at the time of application are we supposed to recieve any points for that.

On my non-academic qualifications review under masters conferred by application deadline i got 0 points.

Is this a mistake as I do have my masters degree

Guest westcoaster

Hey CHUBBY,

I had the same thing with my app. I got no points for my masters degree, which was completed on May 13. I called the UBC admissions people, and they said it was because the degree actually had to be conferred (like paper in hand from convocation) by October 3 to get the masters point. Dumb 'eh.

Well I recieved 39.97 as my total file review. As an OOP student you ened 40.5 so that means that I am 0.08 points short.

I am not sure how many points they give Masters students however I would say atleast 0.5-1 point.

I am wondering if an error like this has been made to others in the past and if the admissions committee will review my file again

Im 0.08 off for getting an interview so with the addition of 1 point I would be entitled as my score would go to 40.97 and you need 40.5 to get an interview

Not sure how they could make such an error.

Guest canuck1

chubby,

all i can say is make sure you make it past the receptionist when you call AND definately also send an email to admissions detailing the issue asap. i won't go into the details, but i can relate to your situation. persue it for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived