Premed 101 Forums

Citizenship Documentation Missing! >.<

Guest lotus paste

Guest lotus paste

Hi there,

Upon reviewing my documentation status, I realized I never submitted my citizenship documentation along with all other supporting documents and now it's almost a week past the application deadline... I'm freaking out a little bit about my application potentially becoming ineligible even if i go to the admissions office tomorrow with this missing piece to see if they are willing to accept it...

I was just wondering if anyone has had this kind of unpleasant experience and how you went about it... I mean, i'm really at fault as I may be causing a lot of inconvenience by wanting to submit this now but this is the most important application I've ever done... I'm just afraid that submitting this citizenship documentation is too much to ask for now... please let me know what you think of this situation. Any feedback is much appreciated!!

Personally, i don't think they'll fault you and veto your application altogether. However, i think you should fax it or send it in asap. Last year, i faxed mine in in November. They were ok with it. (well... i didn't know that i had to send in a citizenship proof, hence the delay. They sent me a little message in the "message box", requesting the citizenship info)

'gluck

tea

If you are not born in Canada you must show proof that you are a citizen. This can be in the form of a photocopy of your passport, citizenship card etc.

Madz

I asked them about this and they said as long as they have it before or during interview times then it'll be alright...So I would say fax or mail in a copy soon: you'll be totally fine :)

thanks for that clarification...I asked because the Message Center for my application indicates that I need to have Citizenship Docs but I'm a born in Canada BC boy...shrug. It also says I need to have submitted Secondary school transcripts (which I have) which covers my BC residency.

cheers

K

Archived