Premed 101 Forums

OOP applicant to ubc

Guest mistiss

Hello

I was looking at the admissions stats for ubc.

To get an interview at ubc, inprov need 35/50, but OOP needs 40/50.

For OOP's 50 score, 25 is for gpa, and 25 is for ECs. For the gpa part, can sometime tell me how to convert percentages to this 25 score?

Or any other info about gpa is fine. I'm just wondering if I am even competitive for an interview. I seem to be hearing that ubc is a hard school to get into.

Also, for the interview stage, they don't count mcat?

Thanks

UBC doesn't release the info about how they convert percentages to /25. We do know that 85% and higher gets full marks (it's actually overall GPA /15 and last 60 credits GPA /10). For anything else, you'd need to ask people what their specific percentage GPA worked out to.

No UBC doesn't consider the MCAT pre-interview.

UBC only takes 10 OOP students, so yeah it's pretty competitive, but hey, why not aim to be one of those 10! :)

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

When I last spoke to UBC Admissions about this they said that marks were given based on ranges of marks. If you took some courses that boosted your marks (GPA and last 60) into the next mark range then you received more points. I don't know what all of the ranges were, but I recall spending a bit of time a while back trying to sort it out. Nevertheless, they might have changed since then. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived