Premed 101 Forums

Help with OMSAS: entering academic record

Guest Parii

Hello,

entering academic record in OMSAS form is not fun at all, let me tell you....

I wonder if someone can help me figure out how to enter my courses: I am going to a university where we we have 3 semesters per academic year (Fall/Spring/Summer). In the instruction/application guide of omsas, they say: "you have attended 'Full time' if, based on the Ontario traditional academic year system, you have the equivalent of three full-time courses or six half courses. Two consecutive semesters should be grouped together as 'Full time'. Rarely should the total lengths exceed ten."

When I enter my courses for each academic year (3 semesters, starting with fall/september), that does exceed 'ten', even if I am taking only 3 or 4 courses per semester. Why do they say "rarely should the total lengths exceed ten"? I may be missing something here.

I would really appreciate your help with this one.

Thank you very much,

Parii

Hi,

Generally for the 'full year' in OMSAS, they mean the fall and winter semesters. Courses taken during the summer term are considered supplemental. Usually, students take a maximum of 5 courses during the school year (fall and winter). Therefore, they will have 10 courses per year.

I hope that cleared things up!

Madz

Archived