Premed 101 Forums

Roommate needed: Sept-April

Guest leviathan

Guest leviathan

Hey everyone,

I didn't get into UBC housing this year, but my friends all did, so I'll need a roommate somewhere. I'm currently looking for someone either renting out a room, or someone looking to search for and share a place in Vancouver. I'm looking either in Kits, Point Grey, Kerrisdale, or somewhere else close to UBC (=<15 mins by bus). I'm a third year male student, pretty quiet, relatively clean (eg., I occasionaly leave stuff lying around but it is usually cleaned up within a few hours). My price max is about $600/month if it includes utilities, but I could go higher depending on what is on the market at the time. I'm looking for a roommate with approximately the same traits (not too messy, not too loud), either male or female is fine.

PM me or reply to this thread if you're interested. :)

Guest Dunes

Did you hear about the new UBC Marine Drive residence? I got an e-mail about it and if you like I can send it to you.

Lemme know :)

Dunes

Guest leviathan

Hey Dunes,

Yes, they offered me a spot at Marine Drive, but I cannot afford to live there year-round, which the contract stipulates I must do...not to mention, it is a bit pricey even for the monthly cost.

Guest AceUBC

Hey Dunes - I'm intereseted in housing at UBC and would appreciated if you could forward me the email re: Marine Drive residence. I'll private message you my email.

Thanks

Guest ungern

Hey leviathan,

You should email Victoria (our housing liason) if Marine Drive Res interests you at all. UBC Housing is making exceptions from the year-round contract requirement for (at least some) med students. I'm permitted to shack up there just for the fall, but maybe that's cause I'm in the IMP. I think that one of my roomies is going to be VFMP. Check with Victoria, though - she's really helpful!

Guest kellyl20

leviathan:

Know of place for $350/month furnished, private bathroom and utilities included but only fridge and microwave. About 1/2 hour from UBC.

Guest leviathan

I got an e-mail back from housing today.

"Good Morning,

The medical student situation is a special exception. All other will be assessed 25% of the whole years contract of they move out before the contract is complete."

Bastards...

Guest AceUBC

Just wondering what past 1st year med students think: Is it better to live on campus (residence) or is it better to live somewhere between UBC and VGH? How much of first year is actually spent at VGH?

Thanks!

Guest physiology

Hello,

Most of your time will be spent at UBC, in the Life Science Centre. You can say goodbye to Woodward unless you need to go there for a reserve book.

The exceptions begin in January, when you finish your PRIN block which runs from September to December. They are:

1) Pathology labs - half and half split between UBC and VGH.

2) Clinical skills sessions - either on Tues or Thurs; usually at VGH, but sometimes at St. Paul's, and on occasion, at UBC

3) Family practice - you can be anywhere in the Lower Mainland, from South Surrey to the North Shore. You don't get to choose. However, these placements are far and few, and generally, people in your class who commute from these areas will volunteer to take them.

Archived