Premed 101 Forums

Completion of prereqs

Guest avisee

Guest avisee

When do prereq courses need to be completed? Do I need to have marks available before I apply? If I were to apply this year, can I complete a prereq over the school year? What about next summer?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

UBC's most recent policy has been that you don't necesarily need your pre-requisite course marks before you apply. You also have the option of completing them during the school year in which you apply. These marks will simply be omitted from your pre-requisite average during the grade calculations. I believe it also used to be the policy that these pre-requisite courses had to be complete by April/May of the cycle in which you apply; thus, you could not complete them over a summer.

I'd also asked Admissions about this when I applied a couple of years ago. They noted that all acceptances are conditional upon successful completion of these pre-requisite courses during that past academic year. That is, if you do not complete even one half course of a pre-requisite, then the acceptance will be rescinded.

Hopefully you are able to juggle your academic schedule to be able to validly apply to UBC soon. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived