Premed 101 Forums

Biology Courses @ SFU

Guest kanayo101

Guest kanayo101

Does anybody know of any relatively easy upper level biology courses at SFU? What are the ones to avoid? I need a lab course as well!!

Thanks!

Guest sparkle

Hi kanayo101,

I know some people in Biology take MBB 308 as their lab course requirement. Good course, quite interesting (in my opinion), not much work (i.e. prep for lab and only a few lab reports). As for upper division, I'm not too sure because I haven't gotten there myself :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kanayo101

Has anyone taken Kin 305? Is it mega work? Sounds fun...considering its very "mediciny"!

It does not seem there are many SFUers on this message board...although I still regret choosing SFU over UBC. Oh well, that's life.

Guest vhung

Hi Kanayo,

I really enjoyed Kin 305. Like all courses you'll definately have to put your time into it, but I wouldn't say it's extremely hard. It's too bad that you regret choosing SFU over UBC because I personally am really glad to have completed my Kines degree here.

Guest kanayo101

Thanks for the note. Well, that's the thing, that I would have loved to do a Kines/Physiology degree but I am 2 years "behind" because I was originally a business student. For Kines you have to do a significant number of lower level Kin courses over and above general sciences...something I really don't want to "waste" time doing. I just want my bachelor's (and my MD!) ASAP. I'll worry about backup plans later!!!!!!! Any suggestions?

Archived