Premed 101 Forums

electives at MUN?

Guest EB

Hi,

I'm trying to book an elective at Memorial, but the email address listed on their electives page does not work. My messages just keep bouncing back. I've called as well, but no one ever answers the phone. Can anyone help me out with a valid email address?

Also, how solid is the 4 weeks minimum for electives? The U of A gives us elective blocks 2 weeks at a time, so it just isn't possible to spend a month out there.

Lastly, has anyone had experience with ObsGyn electives/rotations out there to give me a heads up about what I can expect?

Thanks,

Erin

Guest Douje Dog

EB,

I don't know any specific email addresses for you to write, I'm actually surprised the listed one doesn't work. You can try writing Student Affairs and they should be able to lead you in the right direction? Their email address is listed on the MUN website I believe. Or just keep calling, someone has to answer soon.

I have no experience with obs/gyn, nor have really heard much about the electives offered in the field, sorry. About the 2 weeks, as far as I know, that shouldn't be a problem if you explain your situation. I know a lot of people who have done 2 week electives here in other fields, so I can't see why it'd be a problem. Sorry for the lack of help! haha

Archived