Premed 101 Forums

Interview Phone call

Guest d77mah

Guest d77mah

G'marnin' folks. I just got a phone call from the admissions office giving me my interview for the second last day in february.

just thought I would let you know that they have started calling people.

Guest epsilon11

Man, this is making me think. My phone rang at 9AM just as I was on my way out the door for class on two seperate occasions...nobody calls me that early, so I was assuming it was for one of my roomates, but they said they were not expecting any calls either. Now I'm starting to think it might be MUN. So, my question is, should I contact them and ask whether or not I was granted an interview? Additionally, I'm an OOP applicant. Do they contact OOPs this early in the game, or do they wait until after the NFLD applicants are contacted?

EE

Guest d77mah

Im an OOP applicant... and I dont know if they call us before the call in the in-provincers. Looks like im the first student to post an interview invite for this year in the entire forum...hahha im truly a dork

Guest stevetilley

I think they call OOP first, then NFLDers living away, then NFLDers living in St.John's. (or maybe the other way around)

For those living on the West coast: be wary, your phone might ring 5:30 or 6 in the morning like it did for me in Arizona >: (I guess it was 10am in St.John's). Just in case it happens to you, try not to sound too bitter on the phone!

Guest sneakydog

there have been local NFLDers who have been called for interviewes this year. MUNMed does their interview calls in waves. they pick the out of towners and the easy picks first (NFers with 4.0 GPA and UBERMCAT or what ever their cutoffs are for this year). they then toss out all the OOPs that they did not like, and read all the NF apps regardless of marks and jazz as they look at overall scores for these people. they then decide out of the remaining which are to be called for the second wave of interview calls and this process takes a little while longer due to all the reading and what not. I got this right from one of the admissions crew.

Hope this helps

SD

Guest llamoLlama

Hey everyone

I am an NF resident at school in Montreal. I was also called Friday about an interview on Feb 27. I didnt realise they'd be calling so soon, so it was really a pleasant surprise! An America girl I know was called for an interview too, at the end of this month.

Good luck to all, and I hope everyone reports back about their MUN interviews here! I am very nervous and would love to hear whatever info and feedback anyone can offer.

Guest Douje Dog

Hey!! I'm a NFLD'er who lives in St. John's and I got a call about an interview on the 8th of this month. My interview is scheduled for the 30th of January. Hope this helps a few of you? Or maybe it doesn't, I don't really know haha. Either way, best of luck to everyone!!

Archived