Premed 101 Forums

2 to's

Guest MedRxGuy

Guest MedRxGuy

Did anyone enjoy the format of MUN's application as much as I did (sarcasm)? The last week I could hardly ever get on the site. When I finally got everything in there it was the deadline day. When I looked it over a couple of days later I had the word "to" repeated in my autobio essay (at the end of 1 line and the beginning of the next). Will they throw out my application because of an error like that? Should i call to see if I could resend them that page?

worried!

Guest DonaldKaufman

Um, I didn't even know that the MUN application was available online! I guess I printed off the paper version of it before you could fill one out electronically. I hope you'll be fine, because after I submitted my OMSAS application, I realized that I had left out 'a' in one answer.

What really bothered me about MUN was that the spaces for the essay questions were tiny! Was the online version like this too?

Guest MedRxGuy

I guess I'm not alone!

By "online" I meant the version where you type in the answers on the screen and then print them. The major problem was that you couldn't save it. You had to print as you went. Also, you could not write it in Microsoft Word and paste... you could only paste one line at a time, and the lines are different lengths from those on Word. Therefore it was hard to judge if your essay was the correct length!

Guest stevetilley

What you've got to do it get the FULL Adobe Acrobat software (buy it or download from Kazaa), which then allows you to save the PDF file with your entries. too late now though >:

I wouldn't worry about a couple of grammatical mistakes but at the same time, it wouldn't hurt to call the admissions office and ask if you would be able to resubmit your essay page.

Guest RageoftheDragon

No doubt about those essays! I don't think I've ever had to write so small in my entire life. I hope they bust out the magnifying glass for that one. Other than that, as an OOP applicant, I didn't like how many times the application made me repeat that I was an OOP. It gave me so much hope:\

RotD

Archived