Premed 101 Forums

Financial Info Summary

Guest Kels2004

Guest Kels2004

Hi guys - Hope everyone had a good time meeting and eating last night :D

Is there someone willing to post a summary of what was discussed at the financial info session last night to keep the out-of-towners up to speed?

Thanks!

Guest physiology

The financial session was pretty good. Rosemary knows her stuff!

Basically, she went through that financial booklet given to us in the admissions package.

If you have any questions regarding your student loan, you can contact her and do personal sessions.

She did not recommend one LOC or another. She just said that they're all pretty good and provided that list at the back so we wouldn't have to shop around.

I'm sure I missed a lot, but that's what you get when you don't write anything down :)

The dinner was great! Although a bit expensive, I liked the food a lot. It was also nice to meet everyone on the forum.

Guest 4EverRose

Also there were several handouts from Rosemary:

- Her presentation last night - if you miss this, you can email her and she can give you a copy.

- The application form for the RBC $3000 scholarship - this can also be downloaded from the RBC website. Also there was some information package from RBC.

- A table that summarizes the various banks LOCs. Not sure if this is the same as the one at the end of the financial booklet given to us in the admission package.

- An application form for you to check your personal credit history

- The business card of a new staff from UBC Med that handles issues related to housing and others - I didn't pick this one up so I don't know what's the name of this person. Perhaps others on the forum can post the name and contact info here.

Rosemary is really a nice and knowledgeable lady. I am so glad we have her at UBC!

Cheers :)

Guest walkorbike

Hi, all,

I see that the UBC affiliation scholarships, that is to say the ones you DO need to apply for, have a deadline coming up fast. By Jun 30, UBC needs to have received completed applications, letters, and transcripts. Here is the link to the application:

affiliation scholarships

Basically, there is a mixed bag of scholarships, but perhaps the critera of one of them might be applicable to you.

-walkorbike

Archived