Premed 101 Forums

MCAT scores in the mail...

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

I thought I'd procrastinate just a tad while studying for an upcoming Reprod. Endocrinology test; so I just got off the phone with the MCAT folks aftering finding out the current status re: us Canadians and our score reports.

Apparently they started mailing the scores out from Iowa at the end of last week. The final batch of score reports they are hoping to get into the mailbox by the end of today. Man your mailboxes with fingers, toes, eyes (and whatever else works) crossed.

Good luck,

Kirsteen

PS Anyone else a little nervous about opening that envelope? Any creative coping strategies out there, e.g., waiting and having someone else in your support network do it for you; getting the cat to slowly nibble the flap open, etc.? Man.

Hey Kirsteen,

I am definitely nervous about opening my envelope. I don't have a "strategy" :) but I know for sure that I'll get my mail from the mail room (I live in residence), and go up to my apartment. I don't want to open them up in the hallway because people with think I am crazy because I will either scream with joy or start to cry :)

I know it's going to be one looong elevator ride up to my floor, that's for sure!!

I think I'll open them up alone. My sister wants to be there when I open them, but I think alone will be best.

Good luck! :)

Guest Kirsteen

Hey BCgirl;

Well, at least you'll have lots of folk around you with whom you can celebrate or drop a tear in a beer (here's hoping it's the former) when you finally find out who the Oscar goes to!

Scary stuff, this, eh?

Good luck to you,

Kirsteen

Well, looks like many people have gotten their scores already. And all Americans (and a few Canadians) who haven't received them in the mail can basically just check their AMCAS application or ask their pre-med advisor. That just leaves the remainder of us Canadians hanging... >:

Still waiting impatiently,

Jeff

Archived