Premed 101 Forums

Is this it???

Guest MDmmmsure

Guest MDmmmsure

I see lots of fellow UofA hopefuls at the bottom, so I thought I would start this thread......is the lack of posting a sign today is not the day, yet again????

The nail biting continues....

Joe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest megs29

Hey Joe,

I'll give you five bucks if you call the office and ask when they will be calling. It's long distance for me, so you've got to do it! :P

Megs

PS I know I've already heard, but I need to know for the bf. ;)

Edmonton is on Mountain Time right? Which is 2 hrs after eastern? and what time does the office close?

Trying to figure out what time today I should stop expecting a call... (in atlantic time)

I'm guessing the office closes at 4:30pm Mountain so 6:30 eastern or 7:30 for fellow atlantic canadians.

oh yeah, g'luck all

Guest MDmmmsure

Megs29....I just read your message, unfortunately I'm just about to go into a lab meeting which will run to about 1....if no one has called by then (and no one is recieving calls) I will walk down to the office and ask them....

Joe

Guest scrubbed

Hey there,

I phoned and the receptionist told me that the letters were sent out, but that she did not know about calls today.

She forwarded me to the admissions people, but I got the voicemail.

Guest MedAnxiety

maybe they aren't calling this year...

Scrubbed, did she say they were sent Friday or Monday?

Thanks and Good luck on another day of waiting (it seems) |I

Guest scrubbed

Medanxiety,

I don't recall asking when they were sent. She forwarded me to admissions quickly.

Well, if anything, this should serve as good humor for next year's applicants reading these posts.

Guest Braveheart

Thanks for finding that out for us Medanxiety....

Ah, so they sent out the letters already? Man, I wished that they would just email us instead.... much faster.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Hopefully they can call us today so that we don't have to wait by the mailbox.

Guest wildrose

They have started phone calls!!!

Andrea just called and said I can pick up my letter.

I am in-province.

Good luck to all!!!

Guest Braveheart

Ah, so today could be the day! Guess I'll keep close to the phone from now on.

Eek!:eek Yes good luck to you all. Keep us posted.

Congratulations wildrose!

Guest happy2bme

Since they told wildrose to pick up their letter and told another poster that all letters have been mailed, maybe they are just calling a select few that they address/mailing problems.... I highly doubt they are doing mass callings right now because more people would be posting. Or Admissions has stopped for lunch and we will see a bunch of happy posters this afternoon!

Good luck!

Congrats to wildrose, tough decision uofc or uofa????

Guest pinkmango2005

Hi happy!

I like your theory. I too was thinking it was strange that only 2 people had heard so far. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, me and everyone else that's waiting! This day is turning into quite the rollercoaster of a day...

Guest MedAnxiety

I LOVE the way you are thinking happy. That's why it's happy 2 be YOU.

But, they are probably just out to lunch... hopefully more people will find out this afternoon.

Guest MDmmmsure

Hi everyone.....

I, like wildrose, was told to pick my letter up at the office.....

I will, without a doubt, be accepting UofA's offer......

Class of 2009, here I come....

Joe

Guest MedAnxiety

yeah..no word yet. I was HOPING they are just calling the In prov first... heh...cause it seems like everyone is in prov right now..but then again.. less than 20 OOP get in.

Good luck nby!

Guest MDmmmsure

Sorry, I don't know exactly what time the call came....my parents got it (I was in the lab).....my parents actually called my cell and said there was a letter waiting for me in the office.....

when I picked it up, they said phone calls were going out....although I don't know how many they will get through today.....

Good luck everyone....I hope to see you all this fall....

Joe

MA - here's a philosophy that i am trying to convince myself on, feel free to add and make it more credible

they are only calling people to tell them to pick up their letters in the office it seems, this is obviously pointless for us OOPs, therefore no call

Guest MedAnxiety

nby: haha... yeah, I guess that could work. But oh well, you got accepted to MUN right? so that's good news as well. I guess the wait will continue... as I go to the gym.

Good luck everyone (hopefully some OOP will hear soon!)

Archived