Premed 101 Forums

Is this it???

Guest MDmmmsure

Guest sparkle

I'm OOP and haven't heard anything yet. So I guess I'll take it easy on the phone and guard the mailbox instead ;)

Sparkle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, thanks dude, i'm most likely going to goto mun, but if accepted to UofA i still have alot of thinking to do before that descision is made... not to mention the shot to the ego... heh

and i'll send you luck man (or the female equivalent of "man", not sure which applies)

Guest Braveheart

Hey Guys,

I'm in province and have yet to receive a phone call. From the sounds of it, they are calling people who are currently in Edmonton first.... or that's what I am hoping they are doing right now.

Has anyone in province but out of Edmonton receive a phone call yet?

MDmmmsure: Congrats on your acceptance! Must be nice not to have to write that dreaded MCAT eh?

Still anxiously waiting,

BH

Guest bigmac

Hello. I am from Calgary and got the call at around 3:00. It seems like the calls are going out slowly though. Good luck everyone.

Oh and I will be going to UofC so good luck to those waitlisted.

D Mac

Guest Braveheart

So they're still calling? Hopefully they call here soon... kinda doing nothing at work today till they do. Good work with the double acceptance bigmac. Nice choice with the UofC too. They really have a nice program there and the people there are great! Best of Luck in the Fall.

Guest squeegy80

I'm an OOP and got tired of waiting so I called Andrea. She said the OOP calls haven't gone out yet (so there's still plenty of hope for all you OOPs). That was about 2 hours ago though...

She also asked my name, and proceeded to tell me I was rejected. Which is disappointing to say the least, for reasons I won't go into here, but I did get into Queens today (a distant 3rd choice behind U of A and U of C) so it's been a pretty bittersweet day today.

So all you OOPs still waiting, either call them or wait until at least tomorrow I guess! Good luck to all.

squeegy

Guest MedAnxiety

Hi Squeegy, sorry to hear. I'll keep you in my prayers for other schools. Thanks for the update though. UA will be getting a call from me at 8am!!

Good luck to ALLL those still waiting.

Guest squeegy80

Thanks MedAnxiety,

I agree that I should be jumping for joy, and I was between 10am (when I heard from Queens) and 4pm (when I heard from Alberta)... I apologize to any Queens waitlistees or rejectees for sounding sad about it, but for personal reasons involving my girlfriend getting in at U of A I'm not too thrilled right now. But give me a few days and I'll be ecstatic again :P

Hope the call works out well for you MedAnxiety and the rest of you. And congrats to those IP who got the call today.

squeegy

Guest bigmac

Thanks Braveheart. I wouldn't worry too much. From your many positive and supportive posts it looks like you definitly deserve the big call. It looks like the calls are going out quite slowly. It doesn't even look like they started until late morning (unlike UofC which started at 7:30am and flew through everybody. That Adelle is crazy). I'm sure there are tonnes of calls going out tomorrow. Good luck Braveheart and everyone else waiting.

D Mac

Guest Braveheart

Thanks Bigmac,

Yeah, I actually felt kinda bummed out today. To wait so long and not hear from them made me pretty tired. I hope that you are right that they'll call me tomorrow (yes, Adele is quite a working machine). I'm so tempted to calling UofA tomorrow but think that if I don't get anything tomorrow, I'll start asking about my situation on Weds.

Good luck to those continuing to wait tomorrow as well. I'll be joining you in the emotional roller coaster ride.

Guest MDmmmsure

Hey guys and girls.....

I just wanted to extend my congrats to those who have gotten accepted so far, and for those who haven't heard yet, my fingers will be crossed for you these next couple of days.....

Squeegy80......I'm sorry to hear about UofA....but getting an acceptance at Queens is awesome!!!! I'm sure you will have a great time there!>:

Joe

Guest MedAnxiety

I'll be there joining you too braveheart. Hopefully Andrea's voice will be the first thing I hear tmw (besides the ring of coures). I have definitely exhausted myself waiting as well..:(

Also, thanks squeegy and MDmmmsure, and all of those others rooting for us. I hope to join you guys as the class of 2009 for UA!!

Guest wildrose

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and GOOD LUCK to those waiting for call!!! I hope they'll call first thing in the morning.

I hope we will all meet in August!

To happy2bme - I am going to accept UofA offer, so hopefully somebody (hopefully you) will hear from UofC soon. Good luck!

Guest pinkmango2005

Hi Braveheart and MedAnxiety,

I'm joining the club too. Today has been totally exhausting! Let's hope it's good news for all of us tomorrow morning (I REALLY hope we don't have to waste another whole day worrying!). Anyways, I'm thinking of you guys and hope to see your "accepted" posts when I wake up in the morning.

Guest cryo

Hey guys

does anyone know if they started calling ppl from the 2nd round of interviews (2nd/3rd years)

Thnx and Goodluck to all

Guest Lily

Hey guys,

I got the call around 2:30pm in Calgary today :D What a relief after all of that waiting :P Andrea said that the letters were mailed out this morning and that we have until June 17 to accept. I know that many of you are still waiting to hear (and I'm sure that she'll be making more calls tomorrow), but I'm just wondering if any of you are having trouble deciding which school you would like to attend. A year ago I never would have believed that I would be accepted to med school, let alone have the CHOICE to go to either U of A or U of C, which both have awesome programs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, and congrats to those who have been accepted,

Lily :)

Guest cryo

Hey Jenuine,

What is the first letter of your friends last name, cuz Im thinking maybe its just a big alphabetical list.

Thnx

Archived