Premed 101 Forums

Application address

Guest megs29

Guest megs29

In the application there was nowhere to put our summer address and I put in my address at school. Now I'm concerned that my letter or phone call will come to my school address while I'm waiting anxiously at my parents' home.

Am I missing something here, or do I need to contact admissions and make sure they have my summer address? I know OMSAS had a place to put summer address. Now I'm kinda worried...

Megs

Guest summervirus

It would be a good idea to phone and let them know that your corresponding address (and phone number) will be different during the summer. I remember having the same question as you before and that's what I did. :)

Guest summervirus

I just read the Calgary forum and while changing your Beartracks info is good advice, I would also additionally phone the office. Sometimes, your address info is printed off from Beartracks and kept as a hardcopy in the office. If the administration doesn't check the online database again, they won't be aware of the address change unless told otherwise.

Guest brunchrunner

summervirus is right.

I almost didn't get my interview phone call because the office was using an old phone list!

The scary thing was that I'd changed my number on BearTracks AND I'd made a point of emailing the admissions office to let them know this.

The good news was that they didn't just give up when they got the "This phone has been disconnected" message at my old phone number. Luckily, I had put my Mom's work phone number down as an emergency/alternate contact so they did contact me eventually.

So definitely change your number on BearTracks and call the admissions office to let them know.

Guest megs29

Yup, so I called Marlene today and she said to change it on Beartracks. She says that the letters are printed with addresses right out of the computer so if I change it, the new address will be on the letter. Hopefully I'll be getting a phone call as well though...

On another note, she said that the admissions commitee is meeting May 25-26 and will be making their decisions so offers will be made very shortly after those days. It's nice to have a specific range of dates to look forward to!

Megs

Guest brunchrunner

Thanks so much for letting us know! It is nice to have a specific range of dates.

Having said that I'm not too thrilled about an even longer wait. I am sooooooooooooooooooooo tired of all this waiting. It's almost as much fun as watching paint dry - almost, but not quite:b

Archived