Premed 101 Forums

It Must be Finals...

Guest MDmmmsure

Guest MDmmmsure

Thought this was kind of a funny situation that happened to me on Friday......so I'm sleeping in my room, it's about 7:30 in the morning, and all of a sudden my father bursts into my room (which suprised me because my parents were out of town watching my brother play hockey......and yes, I still live at home, and will continue to milk it for as long as I can:\ ).....anyway, he yells at me to get up....now I'm still half asleep so I tell him every so kindly to take a hike.....all of a sudden, he's like " get up, you got a package from the Faculty of Medicine at the UofA." Now, I'm not stupid, I know that we won't find out until May the status of our applications, plus that the notification will be by mail.....however, this got my heart pounding, because in my sleepy and stressed state I could not think of any other reasons why I got this package....so I rush up stairs (stubbing my toe on the way) and ripped that package open like it was my job.........to find out that I had recieved a AHFMR scholarship again this year for summer research.....as excited as I should have been, I was a little disapointed.....however, the reality of the situation set in, and I was thankful that my parents did not fully realize how stupid this would have looked to other applicants.......:P

I don't know where my mind was that morning.......it must be finals.......

Guest yntrrr

I heard you get your acceptances in the form of a fortune cookie. I don't know, could just be a rumor, but I heard that the Admissions Officer goes to your house in person, then hands out fortune cookies on a velvet pillow, and it says if you're in or out on the fortune.

Archived