Premed 101 Forums

OUT OF PROVINCE ACCEPTANCES!!!

Guest megs29

Guest megs29

I'm so excited to be able to start this thread!

I got a call today from the Aboriginal Health office saying that I've been accepted!!! I'm an aboriginal applicant from Saskatchewan and can't wait to begin med school!

Yaya!

Megs

Guest apical meristems

Megs,

Congratulations!! Your waiting has finally paid off. And you got the school you wanted most. Yay! :D

Now enjoy your summer.

ap

Guest Jenuine

Congrats, Megs! =) You'll do awesome, and I hope I'll be in your class!

Do you know if they've started calling everyone, or just Aboriginal?

Guest megs29

Hey Jenuine,

The Aboriginal admissions committee met yesterday, ranked their applicants and then called them the same day (I couldn't call them back until today). The main admissions committee is meeting next week (Wednesday and Thursday) so everyone else should be hearing either Friday (27th) or Monday (30th).

So not too much longer!

Thanks apical!

Megs

Guest apical meristems

So Megs,

How about those Hawaiian hunnies at Moxie's? ;)

Oh yeah, or maybe a couple of bellinis at Earl's? :D

Guest MDmmmsure

Hey megs29.....just wanted to extend my congrat's on the acceptance; I know UofA was your first choice, so good for you.....from meeting you briefly at the interviews, I know you will make an excellent physician.......hopefully next week I can join you in celebrating (although I'm less optimistic given my results at calgary.......:eek ), in any event, good for you and enjoy the summer....you got four hard, wonderful years ahead of ya ( residency)....

Joe

Guest megs29

Don't worry, Joe. I was also waitlisted at Calgary and thought it was my best interview. I guess it's true about people not being able to judge how the interview went. I have my fingers crossed for you though. Hopefully we'll be classmates in the fall!

Megs

Guest MDmmmsure

Thanks megs29.....

At this point, I'm not too worried whether I get in or not...I mean, it would be great if I did, however, I still need four courses to finish my honors degree, so next year won't totally be a write off if I don't......I am less optomistic with my low MCAT score, and what will suck most about not getting in will be having to write that sucker again this summer......however, like you said, you never know....... if I get in....good times....if not, be kind to me as I go through the application process next year!!!!:D

Guest Braveheart

Congratulations megs29!

Hoping to be in your class this Fall.

Anxiously waiting for the phone call,

Braveheart

Guest MedAnxiety

hmm...maybe they'll even start calling on the 26th!! It'll suck to have to wait over the weekend when some others were called...|I

Guest Med4life

congrats megs

on a side note, for oop people that didn't interview (like myself) when would I ecpect to get my official rejection letter??

Med4life

Archived