Premed 101 Forums

windsor park

Guest epzi

Hey folks, I'm going to be in dent starting this fall and I know that this is the alberta med forum, but I was just seeing if any of you knew anything of windsor park lofts (attached to windsor park plaza). I'm taking over a lease that ends in November (735/mo.) and don't know if I should sign my own lease after that or look for a better deal. Is windsor park worth the extra $150 or so each month? (as compared with say garneau towers?). By the way, all the lofts are bachelor suites.

thanks,

epzi

Guest chemgirl

Many apartments around campus cost that much or less for a one bedroom. I've seen those lofts and they are really small compared to some of the apartments I've seen around campus in the same price range. Some examples are Concord Tower just across the street from you, the Sir John Franklin across the street from the Telus building, and Terrace Towers (close to the Safeway on 109th street). Then again, I know that Windsor Park has great amenities, so it just depends as to whether or not you use the workout room, pool, theatre, high speed internet, etc.

Oh, and one more thing, if you want to stay in the lofts, I remember from the floor plans that there actually are two or three bigger lofts in the entire complex (I think there are a few one bedrooms and a one bedroom plus den). It might be a long shot, but it would be worth it to see if one of those are coming availiable.

I'm not sure how much space means to you, or whether you'd prefer the amenities that chemgirl listed, but I'm going to be living in a one-bedroom apartment in Garneau Towers for less rent than the bachelor suite you're interested in... I would've preferred a bachelor suite (less expensive) in Garneau (none were available), but I'm happy with the extra space too...

Thanks for the info, i think i'll be checking out a couple of other places just in case this place doesn't turn out to be worth it in november, ,

epzi

Guest Mimimowmow

I got myself a Bachelor at Concord Tower, the entire building was really nicely renovated 2 years ago and the condition is great. I really liked it. I also went to see the loft but I don't like the fact that they only have a small bar fridge and the space is smaller for that price. ^_^. Just something to consider.

Yeah, I think the place is only about 500sq. ft., it comes with high speed cable and looks really nice when its done up, but i'm definitely worried about the price. I saw some of 1 bedrooms at Garneau, very big, but I was more interested in the bachelor suites, which as you said are not available. I'm going to be in edmonton more often so i'll have to check out some of the other places you guys mentioned before my lease ends in november

Archived