Premed 101 Forums

Application deadline

Guest Thumbelina

Guest Thumbelina

hey.. I'm just a little confused.. on the UofA website they say that the application deadline is Nov 1, but then later on it says that the personal attributes section is due on Nov 15. Is the Nov 1 deadline just for the general UofA application where we pay the $60 and then the online application with our personal attributes section and mcat scores etc. is due on the 15th. Or is everything due on the 1st? One more questions, our transcripts.. do they go to the admission office at UofA or to undergraduate medical education. If anyone can clarify these things for me, I'd appreciate it.

Guest Bighead

This is kinda weird.

U of A is changing around the admissions thing quite a bit this year. Looks like you're right. The website does say that the PA section, MCATs, and letters have to be in by the 15th.

If you look at the FAQ, it says that the General U of A app ($60) has to be in by the 1st.

So, basically you're right. The general app is on the 1st, and all the non-academic stuff is on the 15th.

As for the transcripts, the way I understand it is that you send transcripts now to the Registrar, and final transcripts (by June 15) to the UGME office.

I'm fairly sure this stuff is correct. But to double check, a quick phone call to Marlene at the admissions office wouldnt hurt. She's super nice.

Guest Thumbelina

thanks.. i actually just gave them a call, and she told me the same thing.. she said that as long as you've paid your $60 you've filled out the application that is due on the 1st. Everything else is due on the 15th... and you're right, they are very nice :)

Archived