Premed 101 Forums

acceptances?

Guest jkl

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows when the U of A sends out their acceptances. I just had my interview last weekend and I know there have already been one set of interviews so will I have to wait longer than the first batch of people. I'm so anxious-I wish I knew one way or another right now. :eek

Guest Carse

jkl,

I also had my interview recently (May 25th). Although some acceptances were made earlier in the month from the February interviews, the University claims that notification of the rest of the acceptances occurs in "late June/ early July". While at my interview, I overheard one of the administration staff telling someone that the committee meets on June 21st, with letters going out shortly thereafter.

Best of Luck!

Thanks for the info! Do you know what kind of envelope they send out? I heard from someone who got in a couple of years ago that the letter of acceptance looked like any other letter but I don't know if this has changed. Anyway, thanks again and I wish you the very best of luck!!!

:rollin

Guest Carse

I wish I knew..... it might make opening the envelope a little more easier. I know of three people from my program that have gotten in so far, but I didn't ask them how they were notified (phone call/ small envelope/ big envelope/ etc.). I will be sure to ask next time I talk to any of them and let you know.

Best Wishes!

Carse,

It sure helps being able to talk to someone who is going through the same thing. With all of the Ontario schools sending out their letters as of the 31 it makes it more difficult to wait until the end of June-but there is nothing else that can be done. Anyway, if I find out anything more I'll be sure to post it. Good luck!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rutwinder

Ok guys, listen up! I'm having major problems with something and I need someone to help me! Ok, here goes y'all...so...they say the acceptance envelope should be exactly 17.65'' x 7.87'' and a light cream colour, almost mocha-like in colour. Kinda like a coffee with too much cream added...you know when that happens, right? I hate it!! So anyway, back to the topic. By the way, I did go to Second Cup last night...it was amazing let me tell you...there was this barrista and...well anyway, sorry, off topic again. They say the envelope has a secret sticker on the right corner, approximately 45 degrees N of S that has encoded in it, your initials. If it is found, you are definitely in. Just thought I'd let y'all in on some juice. Peace out y'all and good luck!

P.S. 2Pac lives y'all!

Archived