Premed 101 Forums

Best immunology text?

Guest peachy

Guest Ian Wong

Immunology was a pretty short block in UBC; couldn't have been more than a month or so tops, and that was mixed in with both Micro and some of the other basic science stuff (so it wasn't even that long).

Janeway is a really good book; if you are going to buy one, I think it's a good choice. Still, if you can get away with borrowing it from the library, I'd do that as chances are very good that you'll never use that book once you get into the clinical years and residency (unless ID, Heme, or Transplant are things you are interested in).

Ian

Guest blinknoodle

Furthermore, the 5th edition of Immunobiology is on the pubmed website (see www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=Books). I agree, though, that Janeway is a great immunology book. It may be a bit advanced for what you may cover in meds, though. I know that UWO changed to an Abbas and Lichtman text instead (I never bought it so I don't even remember the title), but my friends read that from cover to cover and liked it (it is not as advanced as Janeway).

Archived