Premed 101 Forums

Verifier for scholarships

Guest spyder133

Guest spyder133

Hi,

Just wanted to know what I should do for a verifier for entrance scholarships from first year university. Ive tried emailing the registrar for some help, but I dont know if that will pan out. Also, I was part of a gifted program in 1st year uni also, my transcript should reflect that but should I try to track down a verifier for that also?

Guest Jochi1543

Do you have a Financial Aid department at your college? That's where scholarships come from, unless you got one from some outside organization, in which case you would have to provide that organization's number. Financial Aid will pull up your file and confirm that you have an award of a specific size.

Guest uftstudent

I sent an email to OMSAS and the default email they sent back had some general answers...

One answer was that for graduating high school and scholarships it's ok to say "documents available upon request" instead of>: a verifier.

Has anyone else done this? Is it ok?

I put the registrar's office for all my postsecondary awards, and the office at my high school for the couple entries that related to high school--it's really not worth worrying about!

Archived