Premed 101 Forums

Reference Forms-what items should I provide to my referees?

Guest aktpkb

Guest aktpkb

Hi everyone, I have a question about reference letters. In addition to providing my referees with the assessment form and envelop, what other documents/items should I provide to help them with their assessment of me?

Should I provide a copy of my transcript/marks, my CV, and/or my personal essays?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

When I provided packages to my letter of reference writers I did include my autobiographical sketch and CV. Some of the writers found these documents valuable when scripting their letters and included references to some of my activities within their letters. In short, I found that adding those documents was helpful on the whole.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest aktpkb

Hi Kirsteen,

Thanks for answering my question. Would it be quite negative if I didn't provide my referees with a copy of my autobiographical sketch? I have yet to complete the final draft and I want to ask them well in advance of the application deadline.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again,

No I don't think it would be "quite negative" not to provide your writers with your sketch, especially if they know all of your activities well enough. Sometimes it can help if the writer doesn't know all of your achievements or interests and can somehow incorporate these relevantly into their letter, so no worries.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived