Premed 101 Forums

Summer courses

Guest namola

Guest namola

Hi, I just have some questions, but before I asked them I just want to reveal a little about myself so that my questions may be more clear.

I am a student that should be going into my second year in the accounting program at Ryerson University, however, I will be going to the 2nd semester of 2nd year instead because I have taken 5 second year courses this summer. If I do this once more next summer I will have fast tracked a year.(i.e will be going into 4th year september 2006) The problem is that not all the grades I received during the summer turned out well. I also hope to apply to McMaster Medical School after three years of study. I know that it is really hard to get in after three years of study without steller gpa but I mean it does not hurt to try, right?

-Do summer courses go into consideration at Mcmaster University?(Especially because of the fact that I took a full course load in the summer) If yes, how? (eg. as a part of cgpa?)

- I have read some posts in the Mcmaster University section of people being accepted after 3rd year. In my case, because I plan to fast track a year and apply after I have finished my '3rd year studies', when will I be eligible to apply?

I was thinking of posting this in the McMaster University section but I decided to post here.

Thank You

Guest Elaine I

I can't answer all of your questions. However, regarding Mac counting your summer courses - yes, they do. McMaster counts all courses that you've ever taken in university as part of your GPA, regardless of whether they were taken in the summer or how long ago.

A friendly note of caution (from someone who went full time through the summers)... Just be careful not to burn yourself out. Doing non-stop school can be tiring, and doesn't give you the rest that many people need. That said, if you can continue doing well, and aren't getting burnt out, then good for you - you're a better student than me!

Best wishes to you,

Elaine

Archived