Premed 101 Forums

Verifyers

Guest kaylen

Hey there experts....

When (if they do) does UBC contact verifyers, and should I bother notifying them if one measly person's number of changes? (even if it is an important verifier?) Your collective wisdom on this matter is appreciated!

Kaylen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there kaylen,

The cost to you relative to the potential benefit of updating the UBC Admissions folks is probably worth a quick e-mail. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest canstowski

To be honest, i HIGHLY doubt that they will contact your verifyers. With 1300 applications, they have their hands full with contacting invites and rejects already, let alone contacting your verifyers. Even after the interview process, they still need select accepted applicants and what not and they could take a while. Not to mention, this year they have 3 waitlists going on all at once (rural, island, mainland). I just couldn't picture how they can still find time to call verifyers. I've actually asked all of my verifyers from my last year's application and none of them received a call from UBC. This is just my opinion tho for i have no clue what they do behind closed doors.

Thanks Cantowski...

I think you are right, definately don't have the resources to do all of that. However, I still emailed them my change just to make sure. As kirsteen said, it was a small task that might prevent a problem later on. Better safe than sorry! Thanks for your input though!

Kaylen

Guest soapyslicer

Hi Kaylen,

They do not check your verifiers until after your interview, ie if you are going to be offered a seat. They usually only call one or two of your activities, particularly if it is something that is significant. I know of someone who did volunteer work oversea's and the company she went with was called. She was placed on the wait list so I suspect many who get a seat or potential seat get a random check.

So my advice is for sure email and update.

soapy

Hi canstowski,

I just picked up something from your post that sparked my interest ... How does this work with 3 waitlists? If you're on one waitlist, are you stuck in that list for the whole process or can you jump lists? Thanks!

Archived