Premed 101 Forums

UofT-WAITLIST

Guest Impatient4UofT

Guest Impatient4UofT

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea as to why isn't the UofT waitlist moving?....

Has it always been like this in the past as well or no?

tanx.

Guest IAMTORONTONIAN

Hi,

UT's waitlist moves quite a bit near the end of August and on the Registration Day. There are quite a few people who don't bother to inform the admissions office that they are no longer planning to study Dentistry. From what I've heard, a few people were called on registration day (sept 3 i think) and offered admission.

Good Luck.....

Does it change drastically in August? i.e. 30 spots or is it more like 5?

And how does U of T contact people on the waitlist?? Do they do it by e-mail as per usual or do they actually call??

Guest LestatZinnie

i would guess that they would call. i was removed from waitlist from mcgill about 3 months ago, and they personally called me (whereas in acceptance they just emailed). it makes sense as many people dont check email daily, especially so late into the application. further, they would want to find out who can come to their school asap. just my opinion of course.

...so in August, are we going to see a BIG change...as in 30 spots. i had heard that last year they went all the way down to 48 people on the waiting list ...so does anyone know if the waiting list was moving just as slowly? let me know...

I know UT calls for waitlist and they will leave message too. Yes, last year the waitlist goes all the way down to 40's, so don't give up hope and be prepared...news could come from now til school start. Good Luck!

Guest Skippybarf

i called u of t friday. they are on number 12 and have moved 4 spots in the past two weeks. august 8th is a deadline for tuition deposits ($2000) and supposedly there is some movement after that. if they dont give it by friday then they are automatically taken off. the people that are emailed to be notified of their acceptance have one week to respond and then they too are removed. ALSO, the secretary said that this year is slower because the deposits are a lot more (i.e. doubled) than previous years. people are going to more inclined to wait till the very last minute to take themselves off.

peace

So when UT calls to notify people on the waitlist of acceptance and the person isn't home, UT will actually leave a message and let you get back to them?

That's pretty nice. I've heard stories (true or not, I don't know) about schools who call people and if they're not home, they just go to the next person on the list.

Yep, for the guy i know ut left a message in his cell since it wasn't turned it on at the time, and asked him to call back. On top of that, UT also call his work place too.

Guest Impatient4UofT

well guys, i was on the waitlist but i did not recieve any phone call!!!

UofT emailed me, and gave me 10 days to make a decision.

yeh last year, the list moved up 48 sopts, this year the list is moving pretty slow....

good luck to people who are waiting..........keep your hopes high .....

Guest Impatient4UofT

Tanx guys :)

Well i was # 10 on the waitlist.....i was given the acceptance on July 28th, and had to reply back by Aug 8th.

Archived