Premed 101 Forums

Latest on U of T waitlist

Guest Skippybarf

Guest Skippybarf

i called u of t and they said that they haven't gone into the waiting list yet. frankly, i think it's BS. i know 2 people who have gotten in off the waiting list. 1 of those is rejecting it and going to Columbia.

U of T are a bunch of liars.:hat

Guest peachy

I just called U of T dentistry too, for a friend (I didn't apply to dentistry). The lady there told me (like Skippybarf) categorically that they have not given out any waitlist offers yet...

Guest Skippybarf

doesn't anyone know anyone on the waitlist or anyone who got accepted to ut and rejected it or is going to?

cmon people...:smokin

Guest MACFORME

I dont know where people are getting the info that Spot number 12 on the waitlist got an offer because I know spot number 10 and he/she didnt get in yet.

Guest Skippybarf

I wrote u of t (again but before i called) and they said they were NOT going to use the waiting list until May 23rd (the deadline for deposits)

I guess we have to wait ANOTHER 3 weeks.

$!!%# that!

Guest DaveOnNitros

WHat?? So students must decide whether or not to go to UT before they find about results from WESTERN?????Was it like this last year??????

Guest Koggetsu

Last year, the 2 schools were much closer in the dates that they released the acceptances. I think this year UT purposely made their acceptances much earlier.

Guest koft

The following is just my working theory on why UT accepts so early this year.. (I hope I don't tick off anyone)

Here is how my theory goes.

1) Most people applied to UT will also apply to UWO

2) Some people have UWO as a first choice, while other have it vice versa.

3) So for those who wanted to go to UWO and got accepted to UT, will likely pay the $2000 deposit by May 23, and will wait for the UWO result on early July.

4) Then if those really wanted to go to UWO, they will have to forfeit their deposit on UT.

It is a money scam!!! =) Just kidding.

I think UT always run into the high number into their waiting list, so by accepting earlier, they hope to get most of the student weeks rather than days before school commences!

I still like my first hypothesis better =P

Cheers

Guest DaveOnNitros

So are you guys saying that UT deposit deadline was NOT before the UWO results release date LAST YEAR? Man...I'm a little high up on the waitlist but i have a good chance according past years results. However, if the deadline was not before the UWO date, then my chances become pretty slim....Someone please reply.

Guest koft

Not necessary.

Did you also apply to Western? Anyways, if ppl still wanted to go to Western will accept Western once their acceptance comes out, and drop their spot at UT. I think the reason that they run into high number on their waitlist is because of med school acceptance. I believe some but not most applicant also apply to medical school, some rank med school first. So i believe the list will change drastically after 1st week of June (1st round of OMSAS acceptance)

Good Luck

Guest Skippybarf

last year the same thing happened, basically. western sent their acceptances at the end of june, early july but u of t sent theirs out the first week of may.

to me that's not much of a difference. in fact, the deposit or deadline i believe was even earlier than this years or around the same day (may 23).

everyone relax bc it's the same thing as last year.

what did you say your waiting number was daveonnitros?

Guest DaveOnNitros

thanks guys for your response... I almost gave up the thought of going into dentistry this year altogether. I am #34. I am just crossing my fingers... i also applied to western but it seems more difficult to get in to UWO from what I hear.

waiting till the day,

Dave

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, to those who are on the waiting list, I am just wandering if you guys have heard any changes or had received emails or calls from UT regarding the waitlist, because my friend is getting quite anxious. He is pretty low on the waiting list.

Thanks

Guest tantastic

what number is your "friend" on the waiting list? I heard it goes pretty far down. So how's your vacation Koft....errr I mean your "friend's"?

Take care strange guy :)

Archived