Premed 101 Forums

D-Day is coming

Guest Skippybarf

Guest Skippybarf

in more ways than one...

the may 23rd deadline for u of t has come and gone. now whoever is on the waiting list must wait.

if ANYONE of you get in or know someone who gets in to u of t off the waiting list, PLEASE let us know.

good luck to you all, esp. the med students :)

Guest peachy

Hey all,

I didn't apply to dentistry, but a friend on the waitlist called on Friday about noon. She was told at that time that 55 accepted applicants had responded with a "yes", and nobody had responded with a "no".

You can interpret that as you like - my friend's interpretation is that the other 10 seats will be forfeited since the applicants will miss the deadline (who would wait until the afternoon on the last day to send in their deposit, if they wanted to attend? :eek ), which means that the waitlist would move to #10 on Monday.

peachy

Guest Koggetsu

I wouldn't worry too much if there is not much movement in the waitlist this week cause the real action will start after May31 when the med people get their accpetances and forfeit their spots in dentistry.

Guest Skippybarf

aren't there 70/72 spots so if 55 people accepted, 17 did not and thus 17 people would get in off the waiting list come monday?

am i wrong or what?

Guest peachy

My friend told me she thought there were 65 spots, but I don't have a clue whether or not that's true.

Hope you're right, though :)

Guest Skippybarf

i called u of t (again) and they said only 3 people said no and they are waiting on 2 people. so basically she said not till a couple days will there be any movement and the movement is not much at all, about 5 spots.

Guest jiggaburn

Straight from the admissions office:

We have 64 positions available each year in the first year of the DDS.

We usually get into the 30's on the DDS waiting list each year.

Guest koft

I believe at this moment, there won't be much movement at all until the OMSAS acceptance comes out (last friday of May). Then you will start to see a big change at least of the first 10 - 15 on the waiting list. But historically, they do go up pass 30s before school starts.

Good luck..

Archived