Premed 101 Forums

One of you's gonna get lucky at UBC or McGill

Guest LestatZinnie

Guest LestatZinnie

I am now agonizing whether to go to UBC or McGill. So one of you guys on the waiting list will get in either school depending on my choice. Any of you have experiences or stories to offer about the relative merits of the schools? (a current tuition guide for McGill would also be nice) Convince me!!! and you might be the lucky one to get a call in a couple weeks :P

Guest LestatZinnie

ya if money were no object mcgill will not be a consideration for me at all...i love vancouver...but i also love to save 100k for the 4 years:(

Guest medicator007

You still havent been able to get the tuition information from McGill?

-Have you tried the accounting site off of http://www.mcgill.ca

-If so... try heading to the class forum at http://www.nghe.ca and posting your request there. Several people on the dentistry student council are there and could likely help you out.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance,

Medicator

Guest koft

Try this it will tell you how much per credit for meds and dents for in-prov, OOP and International.

www.mcgill.ca/student-acc...rgradfees/

I believed that someone in this forum posted tuition information for McGill...

First year you don't have to pay for any instrument

but second year you have to pay 15k

third and fourth i believe is about 4k

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Guest LestatZinnie

thanks koft for the info. i actually found a tuition guide for 2002/03 and hopefully mcgill doesn't pull a "UBC", i.e. jacking up the tuition by 300% and making students pay instrument and clinical lease fee (about 20k per year for ALL 4 YEARS, even though the students don't even touch any instruments for first two years)

Guest Pearly Whites

Hey Lestat,

So what is the tuition for McGill?

Also, I'm a bit confused as to how you calculate your GPA to 3.81 because i found a table and they only have fixed increments (eg. 3.7 then 3.9), can you explain it to me please? Thanks!

Guest toothy

hmm if you convert the grade for each course into a gpa and then take an average of that, you can get any decimal you want. Isn't that the same for any other meds/dents program?

Guest LestatZinnie

yes i believe toothy is right. i didn't actually calculate mine but when i applied to US schools they calculated it for me. i believe u of t provides a formula on their application for calculating gpa, or u can look it up on google. thanks.

Archived