Premed 101 Forums

Dentistry with Bachelor of Arts (honours)

Guest dentistwannabe

Guest dentistwannabe

Hi, does anybody on this forum know anyone or is anyone who is currently in dental school know anyone who got into u of t dentistry or western dentistry (or is waitlisted) with an arts degree? What are there stats like? Thank you.

Guest Skippybarf

i know someone in second year dentistry at u of t who got in with a 3 year B.A in psych, after 3 years. i think he also got a zero on the soap carving.

i got waitlisted at 14 with a 3 BA in psych also.

they really dont look at your degree at u of t. at western if you have a BSc, it will give you a SLIGHT advantage over others.

personally, i wouldn't worry what type of degree you have.

Guest MACFORME

Hey guys

I got accepted to Toronto dents with a Hon. BA. It never even occurred to me that they would discriminate on the basis of our degress.

Any how,

best of luck. Spot 14 on waitlist is pretty much a guarantee for admission.

Guest DDSad

Hi

MACFORME Just curious what your BA was in?

What were your stats (ie. GPA, DAT scores)?

To the person waitlisted at 14/15, you will get in for sure :) .

It's interesting, I didn't know that they interviewed people with GPA's under 3.7 at UofT. Out of curiosity what is the average entering class GPA these days? What's the lowest GPA one can have in order to receive an interview invite?

Thanks and good luck to all :)

BTW I also think plug is a good guy/gal and I think it's important to have input from people who are realistic and candid about their experiences. In my opinion there is very little utility from strictly reading "Goodie-Too-shoo" postings, as this "raw raw" bolier plate info is widely available on the Unversity dental websites.

Cheer and good luck again to all :)

Archived