Premed 101 Forums

OOP waitlist movement

Guest MD Brace

Guest tensilversaxes

Hi everyone,

I'm #7 on the OOP list and was offered a spot yesterday by email. I will be accepting.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Night Moves

Hey all,

I'm #8 on the OOP list and I finally got the email yesterday. I've accepted the offer and I'm totally stoked. Good luck to all the rest.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest candace13

Hi Everyone, I got an offer yesterday and after some debating I declined MUN and will be at DAL next year. See you Aug 28th.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hisname

Candace13, What number were you on the oop list?

Is there anyone else out there on the oop list that is ahead of me (#17) and waiting for a spot at dal?

I've basically accepted the fact that it's not going to happen this year, but I'm still curious to know where things are.

Cheers, HN

Guest candace13

Hi HN, I was number 10. I was surprised when I found out but I was also really close to signing a lease in St.John's to go to MUN. I imagine if any movements happen now, they will be big moves. There may be people who have decided to go to other schools who are ahead of you so they will pass on the offer. Good luck!

Guest lovelyladylumps

Hey hisname,

You can always call the admissions office and find out how many people are still in front of you on the waitlist. I did that a couple of weeks ago and learned that there were fewer than I thought there were (I'm number 19, she said there were still 6 in front of me). Unfortunately, that still means next-to-nothing for me, but good luck to you!

-LLL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Well, I was #15 on the waitlist and got accepted in the first week of August...a complete shock. I've decided to attend Dal! I know this is probably not so encouraging for those after me on the list, but maybe it should indicate that the list is moving at the last minute?? I really hope you who are still waiting will get lucky. Can't wait to meet all the 2010ers in - 2 weeks!!

Well, my first morning waking up in Bangkok and it's to a loud banging on my guesthouse room door with a high Thai voice yelling 'telephone'. "Who would be calling me here in Bangkok?" I think to myself. "Nobody knows where I am...this must be one of those scams you hear about...if I get up and open the door I'll probably get mugged, or kidnapped or something...just ignore it........she won't shut up...really quite persistent...(in my deepest, most man-like-better-not-mess-with-me voice I yell back 'No thank you! three times). Good now she's gone, wait a minute, I did email mom and dad and

everyone at home last night telling them the name of the place I am staying at....maybe it's an emergency..." I get up get dressed and with eyes half open go downstairs to reception desk to hear the desk phone ring, the Thai girl pick it up and look at me. I asked, 'room 204?' and she nods handing me the phone a little frustrated by the looks of it. Okay, I've left my room, not mugged, who could this be. "Hi?" I say and the response I get from my mom, dad, and sister at home is "YOU"RE GOING TO DAL! YOU"RE GOING TO

MEDICAL SCHOOL!" 'What?' I think, 'I just got here!' That quickly dissolves and it hits me, holy cow I'm going to Dal for medical school, I'm going to be a doctor! The rest of the day is a blur of trying to get a flight home ASAP, cancelling all the tours I've booked and paid for (after a confused taxi driver takes us all around Bangkok for a 2 hour ride that should have been 5 minutes) and losing 50% on those booked tours and lodging which translates into $500, but who cares I'm going to medical school....so there I was, number 16 on the oop waitlist thinking I had no chance, B.Sc (Honours) Biomedical Science, MSc. also in Biomedical science just completed in July, MCAT 32P. Sorry to everyone after me, but I have definitely accepted. See everyone else of the class of 2010 in about a week!

Archived