Premed 101 Forums

OOP waitlist movement

Guest MD Brace

Guest MD Brace

I know that this is probably premature, but has anyone on the OOP waitlist been accepted to another school and dropped their name off the list? If so please let us know and include your former waitlist number....Also, does anyone know if the list has started to move since most Ontario schools emailed out acceptances already. I know I'm jumping the gun, but all of us waitlisters want to know anything and everything that happens to the list to judge how doomed we are. I think I'm going to buy a lottery a ticket, this week it feels like I have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting into med school......waitlisted at Queen's as well, along with the other 389 people they interviewed and didn't accept......

Guest Night Moves

I suppose I'm not exactly who you're looking for, but close. I'm currently sitting at #8 on the waitlist, and if an offer were to trickle down to my spot, I'd take it.

Guest lovelyladylumps

My (not so) secret wish is that those who are not posting that they got accepted by Dal are too busy celebrating an acceptance from another school that they will attend! I feel so selfish saying that, but Dal is the only school that I interviewed at and I would really like to go there (understatement of the year). Sitting on the waitlist at #19 feels like s*!%. Seriously, I can't sleep at night with all this anxiety. Can those turning down their Dal acceptances/waitlist spots please, please, please post?! It would be GREATLY appreciated. Also, are all of you who are waitlisted at Dal waiting to hear from other schools? If everyone ahead of me on the list is only waiting to get into Dal, I'll know to stop even hoping that they'll get to #19...Thanks (in advance, for posting!)

P.S. MD Brace, I'm at U of T finishing up my MSc in reproductive physiology (my project focuses on the mechanisms of preterm birth). I didn't reply to your post earlier because JewelLeigh asked us to stay on topic (in the accepted/waitlisted/rejected thread).

Guest hisname

I'm number #17 on the OOM list. Doesn't look as though Toronto's going to work out...so if Dal makes an offer I'll be taking it...

Guest LKOM

I am #5 on the OOP wait list. I called this morning and they said 3 people had declined their offers. I'll post when/if I hear so people can know when the list moves.

Guest tensilversaxes

What are the terms of the offer? Did you have to tell them immediately or do they give you a week or two to reply?

Guest MD Brace

Thanks guys for letting us all know! I was beginning to think that this thread was going to be ignored and die. Were the 3 people that declined their spot from the original 9 acceptances or is that three people into the waitlist for 3 or fewer spots? Just wondering...... thanks again!

Guest candace13

I was wondering if any OOP's are waiting to hear back from MUN before making a definate decision on Dal or are you going to Dal regardless if your accepted at MUN or not? I'm still waiting on MUN but waitlisted at DAL.

Guest LKOM

As of yesterday morning 3 people from the original 9 acceptances had declined. So #1,2,3 on the waitlist have probably been offered a spot. I am #5 and no offer for me yet but I will keep you posted.

Guest LKOM

Is there anyone else out there who has been accepted to a school in Ontario but is on the wait list for Dal and wants to go to Dal? The deadline to respond to Ontario schools is monday but there is no opportunity to provisionally accept while holding out for a school that is not in Ontario. I feel like I'm going to have to accept to the Ontario school, pay $1000, and then will get a call the next day offering me a spot at Dal which is where I want to go. But of course I can't be sure I'll hear from Dal despite the good odds and feel I have to accept to Ontario. Is anyone else in this conundrum?

Guest Night Moves

Sorry, can't help you there since Ontario isn't an option. I find it odd, however, that you haven't heard yet. If 3 offers were turned down right off the bat and #2 on the waitlist also took a pass, process of elimination would have you up next. I just thought that since #2 heard from Dal relatively quickly you would too. Unless of course #4 is holding everything up....

Guest LKOM

Either #4 is holding it up making a decision or else some of the original 9 haven't made a decision yet. Does anyone know what the deadline was to respond to offers of admission for the original 9?

Guest lidia

Hey LKOM,

I called an Ontario school last week when I wasnt sure if I should take their offer or wait for Dal, and they said that the provisional acceptance is still valid if you are waiting for non-Ontario schools.

That is, you dont need to send in the deposit, just a provisional acceptance and you have till July 3rd to decide on Dal (which should be more than enough time).

I would recommend you call your Ontario school or OMSAS to confirm this.

Guest lululime

That's really great news for you LKOM if you don't have to pay the deposit! I sent you a PM but I guess you can ignore some of the stuff in it.

Guest LKOM

Thanks lululime and lidia! I am definately going to call OMSAS right now. Being able to provisionally accept would be ideal.

Thanks again!

Archived