Premed 101 Forums

any deferred applicants heard

Guest bill11344

Guest bill11344

I was initially deferred by Dalhousie and received a letter on Friday (June 16th) dated Tuesday (June 13th) explaining that I have been placed on a waitlist (I live in Halifax). The letter mentioned that a decision on all applications had been made. Has anyone other deferred applicants heard anything? Anyone turning down their spot?

Thanks,

Big Bill

Hi Bill,

I have been deferred but have yet to hear a final decision. I assume that the letter will come sometime this week.

Good luck to you!

Guest Longtimerunnin

Has anyone that was deferred from NB gotten a letter in the mail? I'm not sure whether or not to expect one today or near the end of the week. Also, bill11344, what were your stats? Good Luck on the waitlist!

Guest geekpunk

Not sure about NB applicants, but I received a rejection letter from Dal this morning after being deferred and I'm an NS applicant living in Halifax. My letter was dated June 15th. Good luck to everyone else waiting

Guest winthrop123

Hey,

I got my acceptance letter in the mail on Friday. I am a Nova Scotia applicant. I will be declining the offer, as I decided to go to the University of Ottawa med school. Good luck everyone :)

Guest Madz25

hey all, NB applicant here. got a letter on friday or today (dated tuesday june 13th) that said i was accepted!!! I will definitely be going to Dal this fall :rollin

Madz

Guest debbieL22

Congrats Madz! :)

For the ealier posters, I'm also on the Maritime waitlist (#5 to be exact). However, I'm confused about the waitlist process. To be nit-picky, my letter said "you are #5 on the NOVA SCOTIA waitlist".. then later it read "the MARITIME waitlist tyically moves 5-7 places"..

So, is the maritime waitlist the same as the NS waitlist? Or, do waitlist positions go by province? (ie, if there are a set # of places for each of the maritime provinces, and so 5 NS acceptees need to decline before I would get a call? so, say if somebody from NB declined, would only a NB waitlisted applicant get a seat?) I don't think I worded this question well, but if somebody could clarify, that'd be greatly appreciated! :)

Here's to even more waiting!!!:\

Guest JewelLeigh

This year, the waitlists are by province. Since this is the first year this has occurred, the only stats they could provide about waitlist movement are from the general maritime waitlists from previous years. Thus, in the past, when candidates from all 3 maritime provinces were on the same waitlist, it moved 5-7 spots...this could've been any combo of NS, NB and PEI people who turned down their spot. This year, if you are on the NS list, my impression is that it must be NS people who turn down their spots before you will move up.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

JL

<><

Guest Monurch

Hi all,

I was deferred and received a letter (dated June 13) this past Friday indicating I was #2 on the NS waitlist. I was confused regarding the different waitlists but JewelLeigh confirmed what I suspected.

Browsing this forum I've noticed that two NS applicants are declining their offer from Dal, so I sit here anxiously waiting, trying to remain somewhat sane as the process sorts itself out.

Best of luck to everyone.

Archived