Premed 101 Forums

Dal application--MODS PLEASE HELP!!

Guest mirwat

Hi all,

I am trying to complete my Dal application but am confused about the Reference column on the supplemental information form. What do we exactly put down here? Is the Reference equivalent to the Verifer on OMSAS applications? Or is this one of the referees who wrote us a letter? And if this is just a verifer, do we include a phone number, or email or address?

I cannot find this information anywhere on the website and I don't think there is enough room to give complete addresses of the referees.

Also, can we attach a separate sheet for our clubs, and volunteer activity section? or is this only applicable to the employment section? I ask because the employment section number 4 and 5 specifically say please attach extra sheet if necessary, where as the prior ones do not.

I'm lost as heck, any help is appreciated.

Also, who is the admissions officer at Dal, perhaps I can call and ask.

thanks

mirwat

They want verifier-type references for each activity on your application. I put the name and phone number for each individual. If an email address is more appropriate, put that.

I don't think that you should put an extra sheet for volunteer or club activities, but you can call the admissions office and ask. It used to be that they only allowed you to list activities from the last 3 years, but I believe that restriction was lifted. I think that at the top of the page it says that if you have any other major activities to talk about to put it under 6. I guess my point is that I don't know anyone who attached an extra page for anything other than 4 or 5, but you should call Sharon and ask her if you think you need to. I think most people just wrote in fairly tiny handwriting and yes, it does end up looking pretty messy.

I just wanted to let you know that I was in the same position as you last year. I decided that there was not enough room in the activies/volunteer spots and attached a separate sheet for each section. They must not have minded as I was admitted first round (aka without being deferred). Good luck!

• 11 months later...

Archived