Premed 101 Forums

Texts for Anatomy/Histology

Guest stepstofollow

Guest stepstofollow

Just curious.... what do you recommend for Anatomy texts/references etc.

Have got a couple kicking around here abou the hose from a former life... older editions of Netter and Grant's...but not sure if it's worth getting a newer edition of something from somewhere at some point....???

A friend of mine loaned me a copy of Gray's Anatomy (for students) to have a look at -- don't love it.... this is not the same as the $250 Atlas version of Gray's....

Was in the Dal book store -- they seem to have Student Gray's, Netter as the Atlas, and a couple different (current editions) of histology texts -- wheaton, and Steven's/Lowe....

Any recommendations? I assume Anatomy does not change much year to year....

I have a broken ankle for the summer and I am BORED...

Any do's/don'ts?

Guest rookiemeds

Hey steps,

The majority of our class used Netter as an atlas and Moore for a text, but I had an old Grant's atlas and Snell text and they worked just fine. I didn't buy a histology book at all.

BUT - don't worry too much about books just yet. There is a used book sale at the start of the year that is great for cheap stuff plus your second year buddy may have books to lend/sell to you.

Enjoy your summer and don't worry about school for another few weeks. See you on the 28th :D

Guest stepstofollow

Thanks so much. Not terribly worried...or doing anything purposeful with the info....just trying to sort out some stuff in my office...

I'm basically doing a clean sweep of my book shelves and wanted to get a sense if any of what I've got kicking around here might be useful.

See you on the 28th... I'll be the one limping a wee bit, damn ankle!:o

If you're looking to unload some OT books, I may be interested. I'm in OT but applying to med, so if you have books that you think might be useful for a third year student, please drop me a line. Thanks a bunch!

Archived