Premed 101 Forums

Re. Interviews

Guest mscmicrobiology

Guest mscmicrobiology

Hello everyone, I'm new to the boards here but had a few questions I was hoping the community might be able to help with. I was browsing the "old" Dalhousie forum and saw a thread concerning "the med school interview" but it was one of those threads with missing information now. If this info is gone for good, is anyone willing to share their experience(s) with the Dalhousie Medical School Interview? Anything would be helpful. For example:

Are they polite and friendly, professional and to the point, or try to shock you on purpose? Are there "what if" questions? Ethical? State of Nova Scotia's health care system etc? Do they ask about your reasearch (ie. Masters, Honours)? Expect you to be intimately knowledgable about the school and Dal's program? Any advice would be helpful since, as I'm sure you know, many schools have different ways of interviewing potential students.

Thanks in advance,

N.

I found Dal's interview to be shorter than at other schools (30min instead of 45min). Other than that it was pretty standard. As for any other school, you should be able to discuss anything you include on your application, be able to say why you want to go to Dal, and have a basic awareness of the health care system.

Archived