Premed 101 Forums

international med-student

Guest adlih

Hi, your forums have been very helpful.

I'm a university student in China and I want to apply to Canadian med schools. Are there international students in your med-schools ? Do you know if there's a quota per year for international students? With all the shortage of healthcare providers in Canada, I fear that med-schools cannot accept any international students...

May I hear from you?

Guest holyjohn

Hi,

as far as I know, Canadian med schools do not accept international students.

I know a person in McMaster school and she is from China as well, who practiced medicine in China as a doctor (with MD degree). She is already married and has 2 sons, and is pursuing BioChemistry undergraduate now to apply to Canadian med school.

Hope this helps.

There are a few schools that take international students... UWO is not one of them. I believe that McGill does (although they may only take American students, I'm not sure how broad their definition of international is). Mac used to take a few each year, then they suspended the program... not sure if it is running again.

Bottom line is that it will be difficult (and expensive) for you to get into a Canadian medical school as a Chinese citizen. Start investigating the requirements now. Canadian medical schools have strict pre-req requirements and GPA and MCAT requirements. Each schools' requirments are different. It is difficult to get into a medical school in Canada even for a Canadian student. There are far more applicants than there are spaces.

Guest pappy mckeys

I have applied to Mac this year. They do not have a seperate international applicant pool this year, but international students are invited to apply through the regular applicant pool. However, preference will be given to:

Ontario residents>>Canadian residents>international.

Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, I am William. I am applying for a few medical schools in the Caribbean and Antigua University is one among them. I wanted to know if someone can tell me the standard of education at AUA. This information will be helpful as I am a bit confused and don’t want to take a wrong step. Also to let you know that I am a canadian resident of Indian origin.

Well, I have been doing some research on this college and found out that the standard of medical education that AUA or KMCIC provides is equal to the highest U.S medical education standards. They ensure high quality training to their students that helps them qualify the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam.

Well, I have been doing some research on this college and found out that the standard of medical education that AUA or KMCIC provides is equal to the highest U.S medical education standards. They ensure high quality training to their students that helps them qualify the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam.

Hey "Sophie" and "william"...... go spread your propaganda somewhere else.

Stop hijacking every thread on this site.

Someone ban these losers

Archived