Premed 101 Forums

Laptop this year

Guest westerngirl2004

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

If I'm correct in thinking that Intel's Centrino technology was only recently released, i.e., within the past year, then there's a decent chance that the laptop specifications listed may be for this year's laptops as opposed to last year's. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest hacker

Hey Westerngirl2004,

That page was last modified on 2004.05.05 ,so I would guess the laptop info should have been updated by now. Not sure tho..

Cheers,

H

Guest mistah anderson

Hi there.

The T40 described there is the meds 07 laptop. I am not sure if it's been decided what model you guys will have yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drbutterwick

Hey guys,

Does anyone know which bursary covers the cost of the laptop? Last I heard, it was a $3500 bursary.

Thanks, Derek

Guest hacker

I was under the impression that everyone who's taken osap or any other govermental loan is eligible for this bursary. Not sure if we need to apply to get it.

H

Guest g22g

Hey UOMeds06,

Your year was the last year they provided a laptop bursary for anyone and everyone in the class. Last year (my year) there was an educational bursary of 3500 for only those students who took OSAP (demonstration of financial need). According to the Fin Aid, The educational bursary amount is decided by the dean each year. Do you know if the amount for the 2008 class has been set? With the freezing of tution I worry that finanical aid would be cut back.

Take care,

g22g

Guest hacker

Hi g22g,

Thats right. I met with a financial advisor and she said you need to have OSAP before getting the educational bursary. She mentioned it was for $3,500 so not sure if they are going to change it before September (I hope it goes up !! ).

Theres another bursary (OSOTF on page A10 of the financial aid booklet) and this is based entirely on financial need. It's not as much as the educational bursary. Those are the bursaries I'm aware of so far.

H

Guest UOMeds06

there you have it....good thing that hacker was able to answer....I wouldn't have been able to. G22g, you are right that we all got the bursary in meds06 since I didn't demonstrate financial need until my 2nd year...yet I got the laptop bursary....which I believe was only for $2500 when WE got it.

Peace

• 3 weeks later...
Guest westerngirl2004

Hey everyone,

I just checked my account statement through infoweb. This year's laptop will be $3095.80. I wonder what model it will be.

Cheers,

westerngirl

Archived