Premed 101 Forums

Financial Aid appointment

Guest westerngirl2004

Guest westerngirl2004

Hey,

Has anyone gone to their financial aid appointment yet? What did you bring with you? Did you find it to be helpful? I booked mine for the end of august; I'm debating whether I should change it to an earlier date or not. thanks!

cheers,

westerngirl

Guest FrenchyMed

I thought that the appointments could only be scheduled for July 26th or later. I'll try to get mine as early as possible.

My name's not on the financial aid Web site's list yet.

Guest westerngirl2004

FrenchyMed,

when I booked my appointment yesterday, I saw that the appointments are available for the 5th, 6th, and 23rd of july onward. that's why i was wondering if anyone went already.

cheers,

westerngirl :)

Guest hacker

I had my appointment when I was in Ottawa a couple of days ago. I wanted to meet someone at the financial aids office to discuss my OSAP and then they offered me this appointment at the same time. I dont think theres a need to go for it asap. We just talked about osap, other bursaries available. One bursary could be applied to the interest from the LOC. There is a list of those bursaries in the financial aids booklet they sent with the package.

Cheers

Guest SteveyBee

I also had my appointment while in Ottawa this past Monday. I agree with hacker that the appointment isn't absolutely necessary, since all of the information concerning bursaries is in the acceptance package and on Infoweb (which matches your student information to the available bursaries). You don't need to bring anything to the meeting, but if you know in advance whether or not you qualify for OSAP (if yes, for what amount), you'll be given a rough estimate of the total bursary funding you're entitled to. You could also figure that out on your own, but where's the fun in that? :D

Take care!

Guest westerngirl2004

SteveyBee,

How did you figure out the estimate of total bursary funding you were entitled to on your own?

Cheers,

westerngirl

Archived