Premed 101 Forums

Accepted?!?

Guest Ian Wong

Sacha, that really stinks. I am so disappointed this morning as well; I can't even imagine what you're feeling. Keep your chin up, hopefully you'll get in off the waitlist :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kirsteen

Hi there 15Sacha,

That's not cool at all. :\ However, as glo said, Ottawa has some good waitlist movement, so there's still plenty of hope. :)

Did you interview at some other schools too?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest csname

congratulations once again to those who got accepted. Best of luck deciding which school you want to go. I was just curious whether this email came as a merged email or by alphabetical order of last name. it'll help if those accepted don't find sharing their last name initial.

Guest UOMeds06

Okay seriously, this is the last time I'm checking the forum before my exam this afternoon (because I'm leaving now). I just wanted to remind all of those of you how haven't gotten in YET that there's still LOTS of hope! There is always LOTS of movement on the waiting lists for all the schools. The good waiting list in the past has been pretty generous to those still waiting after May 31st....keep you chins up and don't let this ruin your day....you may realize that all this "hurt" is for nothing!

UOMeds06

Once again, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest PaniDoktor

I'm B. I know an 'A' and a 'P' who got the e-mail at ~ 8:20 this morning. Also, I know someone who got the fake e-mail but not the real one :\ .

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I just received word from Admissions that all acceptance e-mails were sent by 9:15am today. Additionally, the waitlist letters were sent in today's mail, so we should probably begin to see those at the start of next week. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest dr deelish

I didn't receive an email this morning .. nor did I expect to for that matter .. my Ottawa interview was pretty craptacular ..

here's hoping for Toronto!

congratulations to everyone that received the good news .. wish you all the best!

Guest hoping to get in

No email here (nor one before either).|I Thanks for the info re the waitlist letters Kirsteen.

Congratulations to everyone who got an email.

Guest tappety tap

CONGRATS!! I am soooo happy to see so many people celebrating great news today!! CONGRATS on a job well done!! YAY!!! I will see you all in September at Frosh week...

For those who didn't receive an email...I know how it feels...trust me...I was there a year go! But that waitlist is real and it moves like the speed of light...promise!!

good luck to those still waiting...hope is definitely not lost yet....

Guest RedJellyBean22

Congrats to everyone that got an email!!!!:rollin

For those who didn't... Don't dispair... I was on the waiting list and got a phone call at the end of June telling me I got in!!

Hope to see you in september for an AWESOME frosh week!!! :D

Red Jelly Bean :b

Guest westerngirl2004

Congrats to everyone who received an acceptance email today.

15Sacha, I know how you feel as I am in the same position (received 'mistake' email' but no email today) as you are. very disappointed also, but still hoping to at least be on the 'good' waitlist.

Guest Makunouchi

Hmm... nothing today... (didn't get that previous e-mail that everyone has talked about).

Congratulations to the incoming class of 2008... finally know the news in time for the weekend.

G'luck to all those waiting.

edited to correct "class of 2004"

Guest medboy2008

I just wanted to get something clarified. When I was at Ottawa they said they would send emails to everyone regardless of wheter they are accepted or wait-listed.

Has ottawa changed this policy and only emailed those who are accepted?

Thanks

Guest dr deelish

No .. emails were only supposed to be sent out to those that received acceptances. At least that's what Nicole said during the orientation blurb.

Guest csname

Hey folks,

i'm off to new york tomorrow for an interview at a "non-canadian" medical school. I'll be back on Monday just in time to check the mail for the thin envelope and see if i'm good waitlisted like last year or bad waitlisted. Wish me luck, and once again my sincerest congratulations to those accepted so far.

cheers.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

No .. emails were only supposed to be sent out to those that received acceptances. At least that's what Nicole said during the orientation blurb.
Likewise, this is what Nicole said during the interview orientation session that I attended mid-April.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest wassabi101

Congrats to everyone that received the acceptance email! We'll definitely be seeing each other soon, as the second years and first years are pretty close during the year (:\ oh I'm going to miss those 2nd years)

For all of you who didn't receive the email, I know the feeling, but just know that there is still a high probability of getting in off the good waitlist. I didn't want to believe it, until I got the call just over a week after having received my waitlist letter, and some of my classmates got off the waiting list even up to when classes had already started (one of our classmates dropped out!)

Looking forward to receiving the news next week!

wohoo! on holidays :rollin !

wassabi

Guest 604EL

Congrats everyone!! Since I have decided to go to ubc, I guess I won't have a chance to meet you guys. Well... at least for those on the waitlist, there's one spot available now. Congrats again to those who're in and good luck for the rest of you!!

Guest mollybear

Hey guys,

Congrats to those who are IN!! I am truly excited for all of you - it was the most amazing feeling to get that email last year. This is the beginning of a great ride - we had our last exam on friday and I can tell you that first year was awesome (I wish it could last forever.....I love having the excuse of

"I don't know...I'm ONLY in first year")

I can't wait to meet you all in September in Orientation Week!

SM

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to congratulate all those applicants that have heard positive responses from the University of Ottawa. I was thinking about all the applicants on Friday afternoon (after our famous renal exam). I remember last year at this time how it felt to be accepted to medical school and how different my life became when I got in. I encourage everyone who hasn't yet heard from Ottaqwa to keep a positive note about things. Waitlists do move, and other opportunities do come by - and you will be sure to prosper from those as well. As I've said before, if you are persistent in your goals and want to pursue medicine, you will get what you want.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear, and to everyone - have a great and enjoyable summer

EJL

Archived