Premed 101 Forums

U of O Med Program info

Guest Bleepo

Guest Bleepo

Does anyone know where I can find information about the schedule for a typical week of U of O med? I know it was covered in the info session a month ago, but my memory fails me. Also, is there somewhere where I can find an outline of the calendar/schedule for each of the 4 years? Thanx!

Guest blinknoodle

hey bleepo,

before my interview i checked out the med student websites. The Meds 2007 was good. Although I couldn't find a year-long schedule, they post the block's schedule. You can currently find the renal one posted - I think from block to block they are generally similar. You can find the order and length of each block in their course calendar.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-blinknoodle

Guest wassabi101

Yes, blinknoodle is right- our webpage has each block's schedule, and it honestly doesn't vary that much from block to block. Here's a quick rundown:

Monday: PBL from 8:30am to 10:30am, 30 min break, class until 1:00pm, 1 hr lunch, class until 5pm

Tuesday: Classes from 8:30am until 1:00pm

Wednesday: Classes, or Labs, from 8:30am until 1:00pm, sometimes you start a little later or end a little earlier. The francophone group has Simulated Clinics in the afternoon every two weeks.

Thursday: Classes from 8:30am until 1:00pm, Physician's Skills Development (in order words, working at the hospital or in a clinic) from 2:00pm on (time you finish depends on your preceptor)

Friday: PBL from 8:30am until 11:30am, off for the afternoon.

Then there are tonnes of seminars, information sessions and meetings to choose from during those afternoons and lunch times off.

It's a pretty well balanced schedule of classes, PBL, labs and then more practical stuff in my opinion. Who knows what 2nd year will be like :D

Cheers,

wassabi

Archived