Premed 101 Forums

email?

Guest mdhopeful23

Guest mdhopeful23

uh, i just got an email from ottawa this morning. did anyone else???

this doesn't make sense, its a month early...:eek .

im in shock...this must be an error.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

You received an acceptance e-mail from Ottawa? If so congratulations! However, that does sound like an error as the Ontario medical schools supposedly agreed not to send any notifications until May 28th. You might wish to give the Admissions Office a shout for clarification.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest gobluebaby

uh, I too received an e-mail this morning ?!? What is going on here ??? If this is some cruel joke ...... >:

Hopefully someone knows what is going on .......:\ :\

Thanks,

GoBlueBaby

Guest Ticket

Hi,

I also received an email, for an offer for Sept 2003?!

I wrote Denis back to inform him of the mistake, and asked him to clarify before I get excited or disappointed.

Ticket

Guest CornuAmmonis

Reading these posts I see I'm not the only one who got this e-mail.

It was a nice shock this morning to read this...up until I saw the 2003.

And then I realized there is no subject heading as well. I think this was a mistake...although I am hoping its not.

Guest mdhopeful23

yes, i put in a call too. it must be a mistake :smokin .

my name isn't even on it. maybe someone hacked in and is sending random emails..

Guest mdhopeful23

denis v. is a real person. she is part of the admin staff. maybe something got processed wrong on outlook and this was sent out to an inappropriate mailing list....

Guest MDSMelissa

I've called too. As soon as someone gets a response, it would be great if he/she could post it here so that we can all calm our nerves!

I don't know what I'd do with out this forum. It's great to know that there are others you can talk to who are going through these types of anxieties too! Thanks for the support!

Melissa :D

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

It was mentioned during the interview information session that a group e-mail would be sent to everyone on the big day. Thus, it makes sense that you may be blinded to the names appearing on the e-mail distribution list.

If true, congratulations to all of you!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest CornuAmmonis

Hi,

Well this is the reason why this is confusing. Denis is a real guy at the admissions office. I've received e-mail correspondance from him before and the name shows up and the e-mail shows the way it is this time.

Guest PaniDoktor

Hello!

I also got this e-mail ... It would be sooooo terribly unprofessional if it was not true (and it likely is not true). I have been trying to call, too, and I will post here as soon as I hear anything.

Also, if any Ottawa U med students read this sometime soon, we'd love you FOREVER if you could drop by the admission office in person and find out what's going on. I think that they're not answering the phone on purpose :\ .

Ugh ...

Guest Ticket

I spoke with Nicole Racine moments ago.

The email was a mistake. :(

They are trying to set up their server for emailing all the interviewees at the end of the month and last year's email got sent out by mistake.

Boy, wasn't that exciting for a little while! Broke up the waiting game a little bit!

Good luck.

Ticket

Guest mdhopeful23

how inappropriate. its bad enough we have to wait 2 months for an answer...and then they throw this teaser at us :o

well, im going to go collect my heart off the ground and get back to work...

yea, it is great having this board! i love how i can get an answer here before hearing from the official source :b

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

If it was a mistake, then it's interesting how the e-mail was sent selectively. :rolleyes Not all interviewees (myself included) received this ghostly e-mail. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I'd hedge my bets on saying that all those who received the e-mail this morning may likely receive another e-mail 25 days from now.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest gobluebaby

Is there any pattern to those who received the e-mail? i.e., did everyone also apply last year? or are we all undergrads ??

Just trying to overanalyze this tough situation to death .......

thanks

Guest MDSMelissa

I didn't apply to Ottawa last year, and I am an undergrad. I think that now I'd like to forget about the email, I don't want to get my hopes up. Will we be receiving any sort of message about the mistake, I wonder? What about the folks who don't use ezboard, they must be pulling their hair out!

Guest NKwaiting

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to say thankyou for all the help you've been to me while I wait for the big day! I was STUNNED when I read the email earlier today. Your messages have helped me relax and get ready for the wait. Thanks TICKET for finding out and reporting to us!

To help you overanalyze: I am an undergrad who applied last year. My interview was in March.

Thanks again!

NK

Guest MDSMelissa

Hey NK!

Glad to see you've joined the board! Wonderful to have a fellow "MP-er" here! Now we've just got to wait for RG!

Happy waiting:p !

Melissa

Guest hacker

Got this email too. I was so excited up until I checked the board moments ago and discovered the email was a mistake. :\

How, why, ?? I can't believe they tease us this way. I mean how can all these emails be sent by mistake? Has it happened before in the previous years? Or were they testing their servers on those who will ultimately be rejected:lol That would hurt sooo much :eek

H

Guest CornuAmmonis

Hi all,

I just received the official recall e-mail form admissions saying they made a mistake and that the exact date we will receive is may 28.

argh

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I was having a wee think about it (it can be tough not to :) ). What they may have done is copy last year's e-mail text into this year's e-mail in order to edit it to reflect this year's admissions process, to ready the mail for the May 28th send date. Then, someone may have inadvertently pressed the "send" button as opposed to the "save as draft" option.

Well done to those of you who received the e-mail--I'd rather be in your position than the one I'm currently in, with none and trying not to fret too much. :) I'm curious to see what percentage of you receive an acceptance on May 28th--I'm still guessing that it'll be high, if not, 100%.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived