Premed 101 Forums

millenium bursaries

Guest windymountain2003

Guest windymountain2003

Hi,

I received a millenium bursary. I want to know if I should bother to apply for other bursaries. If I do receive them, won't the millenium bursary just be taken away?

Thanks

WM

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Your eligibility for the Millenium bursary (MB) is based on your income/expense ratio, i.e., how financially needy you are. It is possible to gain income in any given year from employment or bursaries, and still be eligible for the MB. Therefore, what you need to determine is your income for the year in which you are hoping to secure another MB. (As far as I know, if you've already received one, it will not be taken from you in that year if you are to receive more bursaries.) To be safe, you should contact the MB folks (you would have received their contact info in the letter they sent you notifying you of the bursary).

Also, if there are other bursaries which are larger than the MB, (most MBs don't reach the five-digit makr), for which you are eligible, it makes sense to apply for them and not be eligible for the MB. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• 1 month later...
Guest McMastergirl

And don't forget to cash the cheque... I have a friend who forgot to cash his and it expired after a certain amount of time (3 months?) and he lost the whole $3000!!!

Easy come, easy go I guess!

• 6 months later...

Archived