Premed 101 Forums

Prime - 0.5%

Guest physiology

Guest physiology

I just found out that Desjardins in Quebec does offer prime-0.5% LOCs for med students.

Here is the link: (look under offre 1)

www.pointcaisse.ca/chron-...anc15.html

<Thanks Quebecboy>

Now, is it possible to secure an interprovincial LOC? I live in BC and ATMs might be a huge problem, but the same goes for National Bank/MD management. I don't mind using internet banking if I get to save some serious cash.

Guest Kels2004

This would be great if we could get it as out of province students!

Is there an English-speaking contact for Desjardins?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

If anyone's interested in working with Desjardins in Toronto, there's a branch on the east side of University Ave., south of College.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Ollie

OK, so it says the interest rate is TBPD (taux de base preferentiel desjardins) minus 0.5%. So it TBPD prime or is it the same as the "desjardins personal base rate" that they say on the english site which is 4.25% (therefore -0.5% would be the same as prime) ?

Wow my french got quite a workout reading through there. I really need to brush up!

Guest Lorae

Hmm.... currently prime is 3.75% (according to my RBC loan today).

To me, it looks like desjardins sets it's "personal base rate" 0.5% above prime then discounts med students to prime.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I'm meeting with my local RBC rep tomorrow, but I discussed the Desjardins deal with him this morning on the phone. He said that currently, RBC corporate has devised the package with the interest rate at prime; thus we wouldn't be able to finaigle prime minus 0.5 from RBC at this time. He did say, however, that if RBC marketing decided to lower the interest rate to prime minus 0.5, then our interest rates would be adjusted accordingly...

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest SherbMD2008

Hey Ollie,

You were right. TBPD is at 4.25%, so minus the 0.5%, you're still borrowing at prime, and not 0.5% below prime.

www.desjardins.com/fr/taux/interet/financement/base_personnel.jsp

Sorry about all the confusion, on the website (and documentation), you tend to believe that TBPD is the same as prime.

SherbMD (AKA Quebecboy)

Guest physiology

Hey SherbMD2008,

Quel nouveau nom! Anyway, I'm quite a disgrace in that I spent 6 weeks in Quebec City (at Laval) and I still couldn't interpret the 4.25 -0.5% thing.

So I guess the banks are all the same then.

:)

Guest cutieyellow

Fiewww...at least this proves that i was somewhat listening when Desjardins came to talk to us and said that they were offering at Prime. Come to think about it, had it been prime -0.5%, it would have caused a bigger uproar here on campus!

CY

• 1 year later...

Archived