Premed 101 Forums

Deadline for transcripts

Guest Immunologist

Guest Immunologist

Does anyone know the deadline for recieval of official transcripts for the U of M Med applications? I can't remember if it's May 30 or June 30. Thanks!

Guest silverjelly86

June 30.

Edit: Wait, no. This is what is says exactly; not sure what to make of it . . .

May 15 - Deadline for receipt of final transcripts. These transcripts may be unofficial (faxed) or incomplete, if not all grades have been posted by the home institution. All students enrolled in courses during the 05/06 academic year must submit a final or interim transcript at this time.

June 30 - Deadline for submission of final and official university transcripts and other documentation requested by the Admissions Office.

Guest Jag

Basically it means on May 15th you're handing in transcripts, whether they are completed or not. If your school already has official transcripts on May 15th, then send them in and don't bother with June 30th. If your school is still figuring out their final transcripts, then you can have a printout of your current grades and send them in. If U of M asks you after you handed in unofficial transcripts to hand in official transcripts, you have until June 30th.

edit: I think if you are a U of M student you don't have to do anything at all. I'm pretty sure U of M can just get your transcript off their system directly when they're done. Ask Beth to make sure.

Archived