Premed 101 Forums

Finch University/The Chicago Medical School

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Malsa,

How did you interview go? Did you enjoy your time there? Were the Finch folks good to you?

Earlier this week I made the fairly sizeable decision to withdraw from my interview at Finch/Chicago, so no, I wasn't there today after all. Instead, I toiled on my thesis. I hope Chicago (the city) treated you well. :)

Best of luck,

Kirsteen

Guest malsa

Hey Kirsteen,

Glad to hear you got some work done! My interview went well, we had two - one with a faculty member and one with a student. They were very nice. The facilities are all brand new and fairly high tech which I thought was quite nice.

I didn't get much time to wander around Chicago this time, but hopefully I will on my next trip.

Good luck during this waiting period :)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Malsa,

The facilities are all brand new and fairly high tech which I thought was quite nice.
Yes, I'd heard that about the school. That sounded like quite the feature. :)

It's too bad that you didn't have any extra time to wander around Chicago a bit. It's quite a neat city.

Best of luck!

Kirsteen

Guest walkorbike

Hi all,

I just learned this courtesy of Glamour magazine (May 2004, pg 41):

"Who knew? The scientist who led the effor to decode DNA in the 1950s was a woman. Molecular biologist Rosalind Franklin, whose brilliant career was cut short when she died of cancer at 37, finally got her due: Finch University of Health Science/The Chicago Medical School has changed its name to the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. It's the first US medical school named after a female scientist. About time!"

-walkorbike

Archived