Premed 101 Forums

Low verbal score

Guest USofEh

Guest USofEh

Hello everyone,

I have written the mcat several times and the highest VR score was an 8 (however the last time I wrote it I got a 7 with a total of 29R). My grades are pretty good, undergrad 3.6 and masters 4.0, I have a publication and will have another soon. Does anyone know of any Canadians who got into the US with a low verbal score? I read somewhere on this forum that someone got I with a 6, but he/she was stellar in other ways.

I sent in my AMCAS application early in hopes of a better shot, but am I even competitive?

-> thanks

Guest thesaug

Hi USofEh,

Since you are in a graduate program, I think that will hold some weight with your application. It all depends on the rest of your profile and where you have applied. There is always a chance to get in as from what I have seen, many of the schools in the US do not have minimum cut off scores like in Ontario. Maybe check out the website I posted before, under the competitive threat. But don't get down or frustrated with what it yields as the service does not take into account things like your educational background or other things you have done. Have faith and just try your best. If it is possible, maybe try writing the MCAT again if you feel that you can do better. I dont know if this helped you out at all, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. Good luck!

thesaug

Archived